Will my golfnow_app work with the iWatch? Just would like it to show yardage to the pin.

tomclabough

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I have a few Golf apps for my iPhone and was wondering if the Apple Watch is compatible?
I need to see the yards to pin distance at a glance on the Watch. Need may be a little overstated but it may be worth justifying. What about replacing my Garmin 305 when cycling too. This is getting easier to justify the cost of this extravagant luxury. No may it is a tool and could be a business deduction! That's the ticket, how can i use this as a business expense as a professional photographer - video person? I'm just saying......

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Will my golfnow_app work with the iWatch? Just would like it to show yardage ...

It *may* work with the "iWatch", but there is no indication that it works with the Watch, from the description and requirements clearly listed via the App Store. As for your other questions, I don't know. I mean, you're asking if an app is compatible with the "iWatch", but then discussed replacing your Garmin 305 when cycling. After that, you went on to ask how you can get a business deduction/expense as a professional photographer. Hopefully, someone can help you out. Take care....

Audizine

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
According to the last update. It says is compatible with Apple watch. I haven't tried it as I use the app only to book tee times. I use golf pad GPS for yardage and love it.

IanRip

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
I’ve tried 2 different golf apps
Golfshot (pro)
Hole 19

Both work with the watch, but it all depends on your 3-4G connection wherever you are on the course

Hole 19 is free, and seemed to work ok, we’re using carts with built in GPS so it’s kinda pointless to be honest, but fun as its new

I stopped using my laser, and it cost me 2-3 times last week

karbot1234

May 18, 2015
Visit site
i also have tried different apps on iPhone and use the laser for convenience - my golf partner uses a garmin wrist watch so I have been waiting to find the right golf app to show off on the wrist. I downloaded hole 19 and it looks great, I especially like the scorecard in landscape view. I walked the course the other night and was pleased to see how need be you can see ONLY THE YDS to the pin on the watch. Which is what you want, you don't want to be messing about with glances etc when you want to take your shot. You have to set the settings on the wrist orientation to " always default to last app " rather than "always default to clock", so when you turn the wrist the app opens where you left off rather than the clock face.

Im going to try it on 2 courses over the weekend and will let you know what I think compared to using the laser.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Used Golfshot (free version) for a round the other day.

It was great. During each hole, used the glance for yardage, between holes pulled out my phone to keep score.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77