Apple Watch Gaming

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Folks,

What do you want to see in games on the Apple Watch? Do games even have a place on your watch? Selections for other smart watches are very limited, BUT apple has always been good with gaming. Maybe a simple game like snake or Tetris could work, or something that worked in conjunction with your phone or iPad. And you get updates or clues on your watch?

What do you guys think?

AllAroundTech

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I can see the game selection similar to the Pebble Market, however, games that would be AWESOME (but probably won't make it):
Clash of Clans
Touchgrind
Labyrinth 2
FTL
Disco Zoo
QuizUp!

robot5studios

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
We started created very simple Apple Watch game prototypes months ago and realized that we could create complete games with full animations. We've announced 3 games so far - Berry Quest, Blackjack Mini, and Football Twos. Check them out at our website, robot5studios dot com!

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
I don't rethink making something like Fruit Ninja is possible with the current tools. Maybe later this year, Apple will expand Watchkit, but today, you can't even get finger positions on the watch.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I think that the watch will make devs think how to extend the experience of their games by extending game play through the extension rather then try to just port a game over. Since the watch extensions are not just notifications but can have some interactivity, the things they come up with will be interesting. I would love it if some of that interactivity was brought back onto the phone notifications as well.

I said the word extend 3 times in one sentence! Wow i must be tired. :).

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

SkydiverTilt

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm a huge iOS gamer...none will go on my  Watch. I saw Asphalt 8 updated today with  Watch Capability...nope. Nope. Nope. Not even notifications (if there are any).

The core watch will probably be my 95% solution. I know apps like TODO that updated will get a place on there, but not much else. Maybe News streamer ...definitely no games

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox