Besides Health Tracking,,,

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
And Notifications. What are some of the Apps you are looking forward to and hoping they will be developed for the Apple Watch?

Microcosmos

Sep 19, 2005
Visit site
Right now Apple is only allowing apps to have limited functionality, which makes sense for something you wear on your wrist that has a limited battery life. I know I will be thrilled when many of the apps I already use get ?Apple Watchified?, such as news and weather apps. I will also be pleased with the ease of use for Siri. I guess the thing I would like to see most is for Siri to become integrated with and freed up for third party apps. It would be nice to just talk to the watch to get any and every app to open and do their thing.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The Clock app! It is a watch, after all! Like Karen said, timers, alarms etc.
Today's event agenda from the Calendar.

Sent from my ancient iPhone 5 (no longer trustworthy)

perryke

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
I was interested to see that the built in Apple Watch apps on Apple's own site did not include the Reminders app. I guess this means a user would get the notifications from the Reminders app and would have the ability to use Siri to "Remind me to do X at date/time Y." What about the ability to see Reminders app lists on the Apple Watch? What about undated Reminders?

kjparfekt

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Having a Pebble currently a lot of things you think you need a watch app for you don't actually because you get the info from notifications of existing apps. For example Thuuz alerts me when a game is exciting. CBS Sports or ESPN can alert me when my team is about to start a game, when a final score happens and when news such as injuries happen. Those things seem to be time sensitive so having an app that would require browsing wouldn't be of much use. The things I use frequently are changing tracks or volume, seeing how much battery life my phone has, the current weather (and for the next 3 days), upcoming calendar appointments, a monthly view calender so I can see what day of the week something is in the future at a quick glance and a timer for when I'm grilling. I'm sure with the Apple Watch ecosystem I'll find new uses for the watch but for now it seems like the most needed and used functions are all coming as Apple Apps shipped with the watch.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77