Hearing rumors that Apple is working on new smart bands that add specific functionality to the Apple Watch. One of these bands would include glucose monitoring for diabetics. Others may include batteries to extend the wear time of the watch... another may include a camera to allow for photo taking from the watch.

Think this is the smart (band) way to go?
    08-14-2017 09:21 AM
    I think so. A band with bluetooth capabilities opens a whole new range of additional sensors. This would mean Apple can leave the watch as is and have the bands go through all the proper channels for approval as a medical device. The only real question becomes powering the band. Now you have another item that requires charging unless there is a way for it to draw power from the watch battery. That would require some form factor change or opening the old diagnostic port that is hidden where the straps connect.
    08-14-2017 11:24 AM
    The trouble seems to be that all these possibilities take so long to come to fruition, one of the American universities promised marvels of health applications on the way, probably about four years ago now... deafening silence ! I personally would question any device broadcasting data to my phone, must be hackable wouldn't you say ?
    08-18-2017 05:50 AM