Best value watch strap available in Apple Stores?

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
In your opinion what is the 'best value' strap available from Apple? The silicone band? Woven Nylon? Modern Buckle?

Sound off with your thoughts. I'm talking about value for $ here, so even if a band is more expensive, maybe it wears better, therefore making it last longer? (more bang for the $)... Plus there's how you 'feel' when you're wearing it too, can't forget about that :)

What do you think?

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Best Value: I don't know that there is a such thing. They're all pretty pricey for most of us mere mortals.

Best Feel: For me it's a possible toss-up between Nike+ band and a Milanese loop band. I say 'possible' because I don't have either of those in Apple kit. I have them from third-parties.

The Sport bands feel great; it's like they aren't even there. My Nike KOs feel better on a warm day because of better ventilation. Not a big deal but still noticeable.

The KO Milanese Loop feels— wonderful. It breathes better than any of the Apple bands, and probably better than any of the KOs. And it's super smooth and has a nice feeling when I drape in on my wrist. But it's also the slowest to put on because of the stinkin' magnet. I still haven't developed an efficient technique.

I don't wear my Wovens on a warm day, so 'ventilation' isn't a consideration. It feels ok, but it's feel doesn't 'melt away' like the above bands.

rangerdeyo

Trusted Member
Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
Good question. I would lean towards the sport/nike bands. The leather bands are too pricey and there are a lot of good leather bands out there where you can customize the lugs and buckles to match your watch.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Value is pretty subjective. Given that I'd say my best bang for the buck is the Sport Loop band.

The Nylon Woven bands are nice looking and make the Watch look even nicer. But they're thick enough that buckling them takes more effort (lol) than the traditional Sport bands and compared to them, the Woven bands always seem a tiny bit looser or too tighter than I like.

The Sport Loop bands are infinitely adjustable, and appear to be as easy if not easier to don and doff as the Sport bands. Serenity Caldwell says they are more comfortable and breath better than the Woven bands.

It's said that Apple actually developed/had somebody develop their own hook-and-loop fastening for these bands. I'm interested in checking that out. I'm sure they didn't want to pay Velcro® and so many others' hook-an-loop gear fails quickly.

So a couple of Sport Loops are on my list. For $49, I think they're style, functional, hopefully durable, and probably the best all around band.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
The Nylon Woven bands are nice looking and make the Watch look even nicer. But they're thick enough that buckling them takes more effort (lol) than the traditional Sport bands and compared to them, the Woven bands always seem a tiny bit looser or too tighter than I like.

The Sport Loop bands are infinitely adjustable, and appear to be as easy if not easier to don and doff as the Sport bands. Serenity Caldwell says they are more comfortable and breath better than the Woven bands.

FWIW, I have both - I just bought a sport loop a few days ago. The sports loop band irritated the skin under my wrist - no amount of loosening helped - and the woven nylon, which I wear almost all of the time, does not. That's just me, of course. The sport loop is also hard for me to put on and remove, as I have to loosen it almost completely to get it over the fattest part of my hand, while of course the woven nylon is just a buckle. YMMV at they say.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
FWIW, I have both - I just bought a sport loop a few days ago. The sports loop band irritated the skin under my wrist - no amount of loosening helped - and the woven nylon, which I wear almost all of the time, does not. That's just me, of course. The sport loop is also hard for me to put on and remove, as I have to loosen it almost completely to get it over the fattest part of my hand, while of course the woven nylon is just a buckle. YMMV at they say.

Ok, never mind. Whatever was irritating my skin with the sport loop the first day has stopped. It is my favorite band at the moment. Its a great everyday band and better for exercise than the woven nylon, which gets sweat soaked in my experience.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73