Milanese Loop Discussion Thread

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
To be clear, I am NOT the owner of a Milanese Loop, but have seen them, tried them, and well... they look great!

But am wondering if any owners out there could share their thoughts and feedback on it? Would you recommend it, or is it too expensive for your liking? Are there any solid replacements on Amazon for a fraction of the cost (replacements you'd recommend)...

Sound off!

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I have Apple's Milanese Loop, it was literally the only band I wanted. I work in very dirty environments and after a while the ML will get grimy and sticky with dirt, it does not affect it at all. It's more of a textural thing. I do think the cost is a bit high for it, and that being said I love mine and use it all the time.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I have the loop but it came with the stainless series one that I bought second hand. I love the way it looks with my watch BUT, I'm not a fan of how it grabs the hairs on my arm. More importantly, the micro adjustments that it makes annoy me to no end. When I dress up though, I always default to the Milanese loop.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I have the space black Milanese loop from apple. It's expensive but it's been my primary band since it released last April. It's very durable and doesn't scratch. It's been worth every dollar of that $199 I think it cost. You get what you pay for.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I have the Apple Milanese loop, but I hardly use it. Most of the time I just keep the sport band on. However, it is high quality, it seems to stay snug, is fairly easy to install, and the lugs look good as they attach to the watch.

Personally, I think it's overpriced, but I think most, if not all, of Apple's bands are overpriced. I'm not saying that the quality isn't high, but I do think that Apple's profit margin must be pretty good for this band.

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
Mine was a present from the wife as an anniversary present and ever since it permanently on my first gen AW. The magnet is pretty strong and still is after over a year of countless releases.

It's an awesome strap and I don't think it's too expensive comparing to the link bracelet.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I look at the Loop every time I'm in an Apple Store. I've got a SS but it came with a Sport strap. I want one but I juuuust can't get the will to pay that price.

There's no doubt that Apple charges a premium, but it's the never ending question— to buy Apple kit and get generally much higher quality, or not to buy and find a compromise in price and quality in third-party land. I did cave and get a Classic Buckle but it was 'only' $149 and I had a Best Buy card for $50.

There's a KO Loop on the way. For $13 it's a minimal price to pay to see if I'd really like one.

LadiJae

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
I have the loop but it came with the stainless series one that I bought second hand. I love the way it looks with my watch BUT, I'm not a fan of how it grabs the hairs on my arm. More importantly, the micro adjustments that it makes annoy me to no end. When I dress up though, I always default to the Milanese loop.

Okay so it's not just the replica that grabs the hairs....Good to know....

In that case I would definitely not purchase the apple one....I bought one on Ebay for 12$ and it's great so far..I think the Apple one may be shinier though...I don't need shine...

5afc9feb7207ab15e644bf741ca7bce1.jpg
2e0cece45a9b3622aa90070b1fcd91e2.jpg

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I think the Apple one may be shinier though...I don't need shine...

No, that looks great the way it is. A good match for the Silver Aluminum case. A great ROI for $12. I've got a black one on a slow boat from China, but I think I'll order a silver one, too, for my SS. I'll try putting a shine on it, though. Hope it doesn't take the finish off LOL!

LadiJae

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
No, that looks great the way it is. A good match for the Silver Aluminum case. A great ROI for $12. I've got a black one on a slow boat from China, but I think I'll order a silver one, too, for my SS. I'll try putting a shine on it, though. Hope it doesn't take the finish off LOL!

My husband has a black one... It looks very nice also...I hope that boat reaches you sometime soon LOL

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
My husband has a black one... It looks very nice also...I hope that boat reaches you sometime soon LOL

My ship came in today! Got the black Milanese band and I'm surprised at how nice it looks. It's very light so I don't know how it compare to the Real Deal.

The magnetic end tab doesn't look quite as nice as the band itself. It has a slight 'rushed to finish' look. The 'bottom' lug is about 2mm wider than the band and sometimes it moves 'far' left or right and occasionally looks off center.

Early days but overall I like the band. It, like most of my bands, is for occasional wear so I hope it lasts awhile. For $12-$13 the ROI is pretty good, depending on durability. I hope to get around to posting a pic.

LadiJae

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
My ship came in today! Got the black Milanese band and I'm surprised at how nice it looks. It's very light so I don't know how it compare to the Real Deal.

The magnetic end tab doesn't look quite as nice as the band itself. It has a slight 'rushed to finish' look. The 'bottom' lug is about 2mm wider than the band and sometimes it moves 'far' left or right and occasionally looks off center.

Early days but overall I like the band. It, like most of my bands, is for occasional wear so I hope it lasts awhile. For $12-$13 the ROI is pretty good, depending on durability. I hope to get around to posting a pic.

Glad your ship finally showed up!!
I'm going to just borrow my husband's black one.

Can't wait to see the pic!!!!

Now I need to get a few leather bands and more sports bands.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I found great pricing on the Milanese loop on ebay and am very happy with them. I like them a lot. I am a band freak. LOL. I have many and like to switch them up. I have two Milanese loop. One is rose gold and just got a silver one. They are comfortable. I have small wrists and it is good for me. Good looking.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Do go for it, I've been using it for almost 2 years now and it's still my main strap, absolutely loving it!

I ended up buying it and I quite like it.
I still prefer the look and comfort of the sports band, but I like the formal look the ML gives the Watch.

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
I ended up buying it and I quite like it.
I still prefer the look and comfort of the sports band, but I like the formal look the ML gives the Watch.

Yes the Milanese is indeed very formal and attractive. Usually I wear the sports band only for exercise purposes and indeed very comfortable. Some times I wonder if repeated changing of the straps would damage the clips on the watch.

torini

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
While on Amazon, I came across a genuine Apple black Milanese loop for £132.

It was being sold by an authorised Apple seller so swiftly brought it for my Series 1 space grey and it looks amazing. Very pleased with it and a more reasonable price than directly from Apple.

216d4c68ad111994a95b56c24bd532fa.jpg

e787ed09c14ec67c4c129e2c2c0526e2.jpg

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
While on Amazon, I came across a genuine Apple black Milanese loop for £132.

It was being sold by an authorised Apple seller so swiftly brought it for my Series 1 space grey and it looks amazing. Very pleased with it and a more reasonable price than directly from Apple.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180117/216d4c68ad111994a95b56c24bd532fa.jpg

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180117/e787ed09c14ec67c4c129e2c2c0526e2.jpg

Looks awesome! I absolutely adore the Milanese loops!