42 mm bands for smaller wrists?

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I'd love suggestions for a non-sport style band that won't break the bank or have too much tail hanging over. I'd rather avoid the price of Apple bands but do have concern with so many inexpensive third party band reviews showing quality problems.

I use the sport with the smaller piece and three holes to end open. Trying the Apple woven nylon it was two holes open and a whole lot of band hanging on the other side.

I'd probably be there if there was a black version of Apple's Leather Loop.

Thank you for suggestions.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I keep watching to see if you get any replies here. When I wear the small Apple sport band, there are only two open holes. So you can see I have the same problem. On pretty much every non-sport band I have (leather loop, milanese, nylon - all non-Apple), the band wraps almost all the way to the other buckle.

Ninavi

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
A while back, a colleague had the same issue with theirs and I had sent them a screenshot of lucrin's 42mm watch band. Here goes:
Screen Shot.png
However, I can't find these options on their website anymore. I dunno if they still provide varying strap sizes. If you're interested, try contacting them for more info.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I'm not sure about $167 even if they still made the shorter straps.

I'm at 3 holes open so I supposed it could be worse but as time passes I'm reasonably happy with my Apple stone colored sport band and the white that came with the watch.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
A while back, a colleague had the same issue with theirs and I had sent them a screenshot of lucrin's 42mm watch band. Here goes:
<snip>
However, I can't find these options on their website anymore. I dunno if they still provide varying strap sizes. If you're interested, try contacting them for more info.

It appears you can customize color, leather type, thread, and lugs, but the option to change band length has gone away.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
imwjl said:
Thanks. I'm not sure about $167 even if they still made the shorter straps.
LOL, that was my thought as well! I wonder if a shoe cobbler might have fine enough skills to shorten a strap. It should/could be a piece of cake for a band without any stitching. With stitching— I dunno.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods