Exercising with Woven Nylon Band

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
For those of you who own the woven nylon band, do you exercise/run with it? I got one today and am wondering if I should run with mine. I'm not sure if it'll soak up sweat and start stinking.

doc16mom

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
I only workout with the sports bands. I sweat under my watch a lot when I exercise. The sports band is easily cleaned. I feel like the woven don't clean up as nice and are not made for exercise. Just my opinion....

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I only workout with the sports bands. I sweat under my watch a lot when I exercise. The sports band is easily cleaned. I feel like the woven don't clean up as nice and are not made for exercise. Just my opinion....

That was my thought as well. The guy at the Apple Store told me he wears his to the gym. I'm thinking I may not do that. I'll go with the silicone ones for my runs.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Sport band all the way for doing anything physical. I don't trust my nylon band to wipe clean.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I have a Black Woven Nylon band but it's only for a slightly dressy look. Using it at the gym or on hot sweaty days might mean that it gets a good gentle rinse afterwards but I don't know there'd be any permeant damage.

I'd be a little concerned about lighter colored Nylon bands getting stained from heavy workouts. That may never happen but I'd probably not use the Woven band as a workout band until others demonstrate that it's perfectly fine. :)

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I can't see how the woven bands would be much or any different than woven nylon bands that have been around long before Apple watches.

I've used a nice military style watch with nylon band for sports in order to protect a special Swiss and an antique watch. I've had 1960s watches and others. They wash up well. Scrub with old toothbrush if needed. I'm sure all that applies to any nylon band.

After fit (small wrist) I'm more concerned about the relatively non-problem of which color.

:)

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
For those of you who own the woven nylon band, do you exercise/run with it? I got one today and am wondering if I should run with mine. I'm not sure if it'll soak up sweat and start stinking.

Nope. Never. I only wear the Nike+ sports band for running or lifting. I think you're right - it would soak up sweat.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Nope. Never. I only wear the Nike+ sports band for running or lifting. I think you're right - it would soak up sweat.

Agreed. I only use the Nike or other silicone bands for exercise. They work great. Love my woven nylon for other occasions though.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
tcuprof said:

Exactly right. They can probably be rinsed in to clean them (I'd use cold only) but why bother. Besides the fact that they would certainly soak up some glow, I find them a little harder to get a good fit unlike the Sport band (or equivalent) so it might not maintain proper fit while working out.

I see the Wovens as really nice bands for casual to formal-lite wear and prefer the Sport bands for exercise and really casual wear.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I've used woven nylon bands on and off for decades. The were great for work and exercise when most had leather or metal bands.

What really concerns me about exercise is quality of third party bands. Looking at Amazon reviews adding up 1 and 2 stars can be 20-30% of buyers and most negative comments are about the physical quality of third party bands.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh