Quality from 3rd Party Silicone Straps?

jlanelson

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
So after I bought the 42mm SS, my wife wants a 38mm Rose Gold now! However, she is not a fan of the white sport band that comes with it.

I am looking to buy a black 38mm silicone strap for my wife online, but I see there is quite a variety of sources and pricing. Can anyone shed some light on why they can be as low as $3.00 from Hong Kong and $12.00 from the USA? I live in Canada and I don't want to buy one that I wait months for or that just isn't the same quality as the original Apple versions.

Has anyone purchased the cheap ones from Hong Kong? How is the quality?

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
So after I bought the 42mm SS, my wife wants a 38mm Rose Gold now! However, she is not a fan of the white sport band that comes with it.

I am looking to buy a black 38mm silicone strap for my wife online, but I see there is quite a variety of sources and pricing. Can anyone shed some light on why they can be as low as $3.00 from Hong Kong and $12.00 from the USA? I live in Canada and I don't want to buy one that I wait months for or that just isn't the same quality as the original Apple versions.

Has anyone purchased the cheap ones from Hong Kong? How is the quality?

I've bought 7 Moko bands from Amazon and I can't tell the difference. I like them a lot and the price is right....less than $12. Before I found those on Amazon, I bought 3 on Ebay for $5 each. They only had 2 pieces instead of the 3 like Apple has and were not small enough for my wrist. So bottom line is I highly recommend Moko silicone bands!

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
I'm ok with the two pieces because she has a small wrist. How was the quality compared to the original Apple straps?

If your wife has a small wrist, DON'T get the 2-piece bands. They will be too big. Moko bands are good quality; like I said before, I think they are great. I've had no problems with any of them.

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
after looking at all the options, the Moko ones seem best. I have one Moko midnight blue band and its actually not that bad. Obviously, the OEM Apple bands fluoroelastomer is a lot better than silicone, but for $9.99-12.99, you can't beat it. I would recommend them over any other 3rd party band.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I have a red MoKo that I like. Ordered a black and it didn't lock in the watch so I sent it back. Will probably order again, think it was just a fluke.

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
f1ac3df043211f44d21245a1cc30d388.jpg

These just arrived today for my space grey watch. The midnight blue one was nice enough that I sprung for more.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Just got my black MoKo! I have a red as well. My other two (white, midnight blue) are Apple. Other than the slightly thinner material, they're nearly identical. Maybe a slightly "softer" surface, at least on this black one, but you'd have to compare closely to notice.

Ok, that's what I'm noticing with the midnight blue MoKo that came in yesterday. It's thinner and the material is softer. Additionally, it seems that it attracts lint more than my black one by Apple. Still a good product though.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Ok, that's what I'm noticing with the midnight blue MoKo that came in yesterday. It's thinner and the material is softer. Additionally, it seems that it attracts lint more than my black one by Apple. Still a good product though.

Yeah, we'll see... wearing the black MoKo today and will keep an eye on it :)

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
For right now, black and blue will do but I'm sure once summer comes in full force I'll be getting some pastel colors to match my Polos. Don't judge me...

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Moko has a thin line on the side of the band vs Apple ones do not...

I felt that before I even saw it when putting the band in the watch. My band isn't a Moko as far as I know. My guess is that a lot of these bands come from one or two manufacturers and are then rebranded. So the same band may be found under several names, along with very similar bands from different manufacturers.

The seam around the edge comes from a moulding process different from Apple's. My band also has a completely different pin than Apple's. The color and overall quality are good. I'll see how it holds up over time.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox