Apple woven straps

la551t3r

Mar 28, 2016
Visit site
I love the look and feel of the new woven bands, however I am probably not going to get one for myself... I have the 42mm SBSS watch and the band just looks amiss. I feel they are a little too narrow for the 42mm, but they do look great on the 38mm version. They should have had a couple different band width options.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I love the look and feel of the new woven bands, however I am probably not going to get one for myself... I have the 42mm SBSS watch and the band just looks amiss. I feel they are a little too narrow for the 42mm, but they do look great on the 38mm version. They should have had a couple different band width options.

I was worried about it being narrow but depends on the photos. I just got my pearl (black is out everywhere and this was the last 42mm pearl I could find!) and it's not too narrow at all. I quite like it!

Image1459202115.489059.jpg

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
Went to the Apple store today and bought the Royal Blue nylon woven band. I had planned on getting the Pearl, but they didn't have that one in stock. I like it okay, but I really prefer the sport bands. I think one of the reasons I'm not crazy about it is because there is too much "excess" band. The part with the holes in it almost reaches around to the watch itself. My wrist is just too small......LOL

tech_fan

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Went to the Apple Store and picked up the Pearl tonight - and took it right back. :( While I liked the look of it, I never got to try it on as the band was defective- it never would lock into the slot - the long side with the holes locked in, but the buckle end would not lock in no matter what. The guys at the store when I took it back had the same experience. They didn't have another one in stock and I wasn't keen on the red/gold one, so I traded it for a Red FE one.. it's nice, but I knew it would be - I wanted a new band material. Maybe next time I'm needing a change...

I had the same problem that you had. Turns out that some of the Apple watches have this problem. I went to return my pearl one and one guy in the store showed me how to make it work. The solution is to make press the band against the watch as you slide it in and it will lock. If you just slide the band in like you normally would it won't lock.

doc16mom

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
I got the pink woven and returned it back to the store. The band was narrow and hard to slip into the watch. Not a big fan!

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
They all seemed nice to me. I've debated whether the black (I have original white and cement sport bands) would look good with the silver sport, or if orange would be too bold with conservative work clothes. Finally wondered about the quality and length of third party bands. Definitely first world problems very similar to asking if I need the watch in the first place.

The sizing of any woven band is a concern because I'm not big boned and not fat. At 5'10 the smaller option of original silicone band is best.

:)

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Dafter said:
I just ordered 42mm pearl woven band. It takes ~18 days to arrive, can't wait!
I've got one and really like it.

and hard to slip into the watch
I like the narrowness as a frequent change from the Sport, NATO, and leather bands. Was that an Apple band? I've found that by changing the angle of the band slightly relative to the face of the watch with a little wiggling, you'll find the very precise angle that allows it to slide right in. So you might consider that (if you haven't tried it already) with any band that seems a little reluctant. Some third-party lugs may not be up to Apple specs, so that may not work.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
One non-Apple woven strap that I'll recommend is Kartice. I have an Apple and a Kartice woven band and they're indistinguishable other than color.

They look nice but I see a high percentage of Amazon reviews are 1 star an full of comments on them failing. That makes me hesitate as much as Apple's prices!

rangerdeyo

Trusted Member
Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
They look nice but I see a high percentage of Amazon reviews are 1 star an full of comments on them failing. That makes me hesitate as much as Apple's prices!

I have an Apple Nylon band and a couple of the NATO bands from Clockwork Synergy. While similar, the NATO bands aren't as stiff feeling as the Apple band. Plus there are more color options and you can get the lugs and buckles to match your watch.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal