Swapping out a silver pin for a black pin...

lzyasnboi

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys,

I have an apple watch in black. I got the apple red bad. Not major, but the red band comes with a silver pin. Has anyone tried or thought about switching the the pin of one band for another? Only I notice it, and its cosmetic, but hey thats the watch.

Looking at mine, theres not much wiggle room around the pin, so haven't pushed really hard for fear of damaging the band.

Does anyone with way more disposable bands than myself have any experience in this or maybe someone with more experience in the manufacturing?

The only useful info from a store employee I have received so far is applying nail polish on it, not a bad idea... But why if I have the other band.

Thoughts please!

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore.....ENJOY the site.
I don't have a AppleWatch yet, so I really can't offer a proper suggestion.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to iMore!

I've read about this in the past, and don't see a way of doing it. I've thought about maybe somehow unscrewing the pin, but the bottom is so flat that there's nothing to really hold while you try to unscrew the pin itself, and you would risk damaging the top part of the pin with your pliers. I don't know that I'd risk one of my bands to test it. You might try a black sharpie on the pin and see how that does. It would be close in color to space gray but probably wear off, too. And of course, mark it before you fasten the strap, and make sure it's dry so you don't get any sharpie on your band itself. Kind of a temporary solution, unfortunately.

I'll keep looking though, and if I find anything else, I'll post it. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxgyllsdoll