Spigen  Watch accessories.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
I ordered through Amazon. So not sure it will include screen protector option later on. But today it did not

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Originally I thought the case was dumb but now I am considering it for when I am at the gym. I scratched up my pebble pretty good. Mind you I did it working out with kettle bells and the pebble isn't as scratch resistant. Still wouldn't want a kettle bell to lay against my $500+ item. Then again there is always apple care + right

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Since its sapphire glass, do you think a screen protector is necessary? I want the stand, looks useful. Not sure about a case or screen protector

A screen protector may be worth it, in my opinion, but not the case. The stand is flat out awesome.

iJuan

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Since its sapphire glass, do you think a screen protector is necessary? I want the stand, looks useful. Not sure about a case or screen protector

Maybe not for the Watch or Edition, but since the Sport has ion x glass or whatever, I can see maybe why they are doing this

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I know the "Crystal Clear" Slim case for the watch is a joke, it had a textured almost diamond plated-ish look on the inside and wasn't truly transparent, Spigen also said on amazon that "purposely did that so no air bubbles would appear and that once installed the marks would be fully obscured" ... my a** - I did almost go with the stand myself until I saw the one from griffin, I love that thing :yes:

Idelgado782

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
That looks pretty cool. However I wish the clock showed when charging. Similar to the Moto 360 when charging. I used it as my clock on my night stand.

hearmeoutx

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I think I am going to be ordering the stand on Friday. It is beautiful and it will make me a little less worried about my watch when charging it.

RobtRoma

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I've got my Spigen stands. One is at home the other is at the office. Haven't needed to use the one at the office. Battery is easily lasting 18+ hours. They are simple, built well, look good and affordable. Can't go wrong with them.

I also got 2 of the thin fit cases. A black and a silver. I've received many positive comments on them, especially the silver and the contrast it creates with my SG Watch. In fact, I've had 2 people say the Watch looked better with the cases on. I think I agree. To me, the crown is less prominent with the case on and the watch just looks more substantial.

Unfortunately these cases don't fit as snugly as they should. My black one kept falling off and disappeared on me this past Friday as I walked thru the local Costco. Had it on only 2 out of the 5 days I've owned my watch. I have no idea what could have knocked it off. Went in and had it on. Looked at the watch while waiting on line and it was gone. The silver one seems a little better. Maybe because it is painted. I have yet to knock it off the watch but I am a little worried about it. I think Spigen needs to use a stiffer plastic.

Finally, I purchased their full coverage "Flex" screen protector. If doesn't seem to interfere with the use of the screen much at all. Looks wise, it may be OK if installed properly but it is not easy to install. The instructions (no words, all diagrams) look like they say you can place the protector on the watch and then push it into place. This won't happen. The moment the protector touches the watch face, it won't slide. The glue is too strong.

It took me 3 or 4 tries (place on screen and remove completely) to get the thing aligned properly. Alignment is more difficult because this is a full screen protector and the corners of the watch screen are curved. Plus the protector is a flexible vinyl, you cannot hold it by the edges. When I finally did get it aligned, I had to lift parts of it to get major bubbles out. At the moment, there are a few small bubbles and one corner is lifting very slightly. It looks fine with a case on but the bubbles and lifting corner are noticeable with the case off.

Luckily, the package came with 2 protectors. Now that I know what I need to do, I will probably use the installation kit I got with a Zagg iPhone screen protector I purchased a while ago. They give me a fluid I can spray on the screen before installation to keep the glue from setting immediately. I should be able to push the protector into place and squeegee the fluid and bubbles out with the Zagg squeegee tool. If this doesn't work, I will look into a different brand.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I've got my Spigen stands. One is at home the other is at the office. Haven't needed to use the one at the office. Battery is easily lasting 18+ hours. They are simple, built well, look good and affordable. Can't go wrong with them.

I also got 2 of the thin fit cases. A black and a silver. I've received many positive comments on them, especially the silver and the contrast it creates with my SG Watch. In fact, I've had 2 people say the Watch looked better with the cases on. I think I agree. To me, the crown is less prominent with the case on and the watch just looks more substantial.

Unfortunately these cases don't fit as snugly as they should. My black one kept falling off and disappeared on me this past Friday as I walked thru the local Costco. Had it on only 2 out of the 5 days I've owned my watch. I have no idea what could have knocked it off. Went in and had it on. Looked at the watch while waiting on line and it was gone. The silver one seems a little better. Maybe because it is painted. I have yet to knock it off the watch but I am a little worried about it. I think Spigen needs to use a stiffer plastic.

Finally, I purchased their full coverage "Flex" screen protector. If doesn't seem to interfere with the use of the screen much at all. Looks wise, it may be OK if installed properly but it is not easy to install. The instructions (no words, all diagrams) look like they say you can place the protector on the watch and then push it into place. This won't happen. The moment the protector touches the watch face, it won't slide. The glue is too strong.

It took me 3 or 4 tries (place on screen and remove completely) to get the thing aligned properly. Alignment is more difficult because this is a full screen protector and the corners of the watch screen are curved. Plus the protector is a flexible vinyl, you cannot hold it by the edges. When I finally did get it aligned, I had to lift parts of it to get major bubbles out. At the moment, there are a few small bubbles and one corner is lifting very slightly. It looks fine with a case on but the bubbles and lifting corner are noticeable with the case off.

Luckily, the package came with 2 protectors. Now that I know what I need to do, I will probably use the installation kit I got with a Zagg iPhone screen protector I purchased a while ago. They give me a fluid I can spray on the screen before installation to keep the glue from setting immediately. I should be able to push the protector into place and squeegee the fluid and bubbles out with the Zagg squeegee tool. If this doesn't work, I will look into a different brand.

Try the Skinomi Tech Skin... I have used them on the original Pebble, the Pebble Steel and the Garmin Vivoactive... and now on the Watch. They are crystal clear and they go on easy. It is also a wet install but once the solution fully dries you can barley tell anything is on the watch. As a plus they have AWESOME customer service and the package comes with 6 shields.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods