I purchased a mouse for Apple TV device.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
This is a Bluetooth mouse cause Apple forgot to install USB ports on the Apple 4K device. Well…the mouse paired with the device. The only problem I did not see a pointer on my TV screen. How can I make the pointer show on the screen?

Mars20

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
This is a Bluetooth mouse cause Apple forgot to install USB ports on the Apple 4K device. Well…the mouse paired with the device. The only problem I did not see a pointer on my TV screen. How can I make the pointer show on the screen?

I don’t think there is any provision for using a mouse pointer with an Apple TV.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I have no idea why anyone would want to control games. If one reads the instructions to play these games these should not need to be controlled.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
I have no idea why anyone would want to control games. If one reads the instructions to play these games these should not need to be controlled.

Honey Beagle, Apple Arcade for example has Asphalt racing game. You need a controller for it. Some of these type games you can use the Siri Remote. Turn it sideways, a bit of learning the buttons, you’re off to the races game playing. But some games requiring player control are noted as needing an actual game controller. Apple provides interoperability testing on a handful of game controllers(I believe the latest x box controller). Now I did try an untested game controller I already had. It worked-ish but that’s not good enough if playing a racing game. Beyond that, TVOS pretty much is devoid of Bluetooth input device operation such as a mouse. And if somehow you can make a mouse work, you’ve either discovered a back door or just got lucky.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Ionosphere my LGTV works great with a mouse. These racing games must be something new.

Some TVs do support a mouse. But TVs do not. I think you can use a Bluetooth keyboard with TV, like for entering email addresses and passwords, but not a mouse. Does the remote not work for your needs?

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
This is a Bluetooth mouse cause Apple forgot to install USB ports on the Apple 4K device.

No, Apple didn’t “forget” to install a USB port. It was never designed to have one and also never designed to be used with a keyboard & mouse. It was designed to be used as a streaming device that plays some games.

There is a USB-C connector in the back of the ATV, but it’s used with a USB-C to Lightning cable to charge the remote.

You know you can use your iPhone as a remote for the Apple TV. It’s all I use.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods