Apple TV Setup and Dropping Audio

amal athithan

Jan 15, 2021
Visit site
My Setup for Apple TV + Vizio Smart TV + Polk Sound bar

Apple TV -> (HDMI Cable) -> Vizio TV

Vizio TV -> (Optical Cable) -> Polk Sound bar

Can you guys comment if there is anything wrong with this setup? Everything works fine until the Audio drops almost daily.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. THANKS !

Modelflier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
First thing I would try if the audio is dropping out is a change of optical cable. I’ve had a couple of dodgy optical cables which have caused drop outs in the past.
Also make sure the optical cables are seating properly in their sockets, there should be a feint ‘click’ as they connect.

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I agree with Modelflier - If you are using the optical cable that came with the Polk speaker, you may need to upgrade that to something less prone to damage. I have a Polk soundbar/sub and the optical that came with it was really bad.

If you don't have a spare optical cable at the moment and you want to perform another test - try switching over from Optical to an HDMI cable (be sure to use the HDMI-ARC) port on the TV and not a regular HDMI port). If the audio doesn't drop out when using HDMI, this will confirm the issue is with the optical line.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Also, make sure that the firmware on your TV, sound bar/system and Apple TV are up to date.

It happens that they correct defects in the software that handles things like ports, audio, etc.
It's similar to defects in iOS or your computer software.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2