I was hoping somebody could help me understand this better. My Apple TV was buffering this morning when I was watching Church on YouTube. it also dropped my network connection witch has been happening a lot. I use my iPad in the same room as my Apple TV which is about 30 feet away from the router. My iPad is fine watching videos. does that mean something is wrong with my Apple TV if my Phone/iPad works fine
    09-06-2020 02:00 PM
    Not necessarily. It’s a holiday weekend so a good deal of people could be streaming movies and music and causing your ISP to throttle. You can always try restarting your modem and/or router.
    09-06-2020 02:07 PM
    but it happened last weekend too and it has happened For a few weeks. why would my iPad work just fine
    09-06-2020 04:23 PM
    but it happened last weekend too and it has happened For a few weeks. why would my iPad work just fine
    I don’t know. Have you tried resetting your TV?
    Lee_Bo, Annie_M and joemd60 like this.
    09-06-2020 04:47 PM
    I don’t know. Have you tried resetting your TV?
    Or at least rebooting it?
    Annie_M, Just_Me_D and joemd60 like this.
    09-06-2020 05:32 PM
    Last Sunday, there was a major Internet downtime, affecting a significant portion of users and services; you could be In one, the other or both categories at the same time.

This being said, try restarting your Apple TV and your modem. This might help getting your Apple TV on other YouTube servers.
    09-06-2020 06:36 PM
    i’ve tried rebooting and resetting. if there was a major Internet outage then Wouldn’t it affect my iPad?
    09-06-2020 06:53 PM
    I haven't heard anything this week. That outage was last Sunday and affected any service or user using CenturyLink/Level(3).

And no, if there is an outage, all devices won't necessarily be affected. They can be using completely different servers taking completely different paths. It can be for redundancy or for a format that is more appropriate for your device.
    Chris Cook5 and Tartarus like this.
    09-06-2020 06:58 PM
    is centryLink a cable service. lol. I have cox communications

I just saw where you said ANY service (too bad you can’t delete posts)
    09-07-2020 09:58 AM
    It doesn't matter whether your provider (ISP) or the service you are accessing is using CenturyLink. As long as it was going through them when they had an outage, you would be affected.
    The Internet is an intertwined web of providers, some that provide what we call transit traffic, to connect your ISP to other ISPs. CenturyLink is a company that provides, amongst others, both transit traffic and datacentre services.

To answer your question regarding if CL is a cable provider, I don't know who the USA ISPs are, given that I live in Canada.
    What I can say is that Sunday 30 August 2020, I also had issues loading video streams to my devices and it was caused by the CL network transit.
    09-07-2020 10:37 AM
    https://pro-essay-writer.com/
    I was hoping somebody could help me understand this better. My Apple TV was buffering this morning when I was watching Church on YouTube. it also dropped my network connection witch has been happening a lot. I use my iPad in the same room as my Apple TV which is about 30 feet away from the router. My iPad is fine watching videos. does that mean something is wrong with my Apple TV if my Phone/iPad works fine
    got the similar problem and managed to solve it by reinstalling the TV OS after the factory reset option
    Last edited by janeandr; 09-09-2020 at 02:31 PM.
    Annie_M and Chris Cook5 like this.
    09-07-2020 03:00 PM
    I tried to watch something on YouTube and Facebook live but it wouldn’t connect to either. (my iPad worked fine) I went to settings and it showed my network name with all five signal strength dots. Do you think the possibility that my router is at least 30-40 feet away and I need an extender?
    09-15-2020 11:43 PM
    https://pro-essay-writer.com/

got the similar problem and managed to solve it by reinstalling the TV OS after the factory reset option
    did you have to reinstall everything just like you do for your phone?
    09-15-2020 11:45 PM