Buffering

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Video streaming services like Netflix and ad agencies like Google don’t like that people circumvent geographical restrictions (in the case of Netflix, due to licensing rights) and put in place ad-blocking “schemes” (Google).

DNS is one way of implementing those actions. And they do “harm” those two types of companies, legally for video streaming companies and financially for ad agencies.

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I had that same issue Thursday evening with the YouTube app. All other services on my Apple TV were working.

I had to reboot my Apple TV to have it reconnect.
It had to do with my IPv4 and IPv6 settings not being properly updated by my Apple TV.

I would have a quick look in the IPv4 settings on the Apple TV. Your DNS settings (shown with a red arrow here) are unusual; I'm wondering if Google blocked those.
In a home situation, this would typically be the router's address that would show up and it would be set automatically.
IMG_0092_annotated.JPG

Here's how to have a quick look.

1. Tap on the Ethernet (or Wi-Fi) line.
    IMG_4435.jpeg
  2. Make sure the DNS line that shows up is set to "Automatic".
    IMG_4436.jpeg

My DNS is set to automatically

JoanCornishOj

May 5, 2022
Visit site
God, it really annoys me. I spend too much time trying to solve the buffering issue. I also had a buffering problem with my iPad today. It happened when I was about to edit my cover letter for my resume to get a good job. A cover letter is a document that is an additional part of a resume. It can be called a motivational, as its purpose is to prove that you are suitable for the vacant position, what will be your benefit to the company. I tried to speed up internet buffering and disconnected other devices, but it did not help. Can you please tell me how you solve this problem?

Last edited:

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I got a new router from my ISP about 5 months ago and it works better. Thanks for responding. I guess no router is gonna be perfect though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh