Apple TV+ app for LG smart TV’s

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Hard to say but it’s a brand new service and I’m sure they’re very focused on making it smooth and robust on their own ecosystem before worrying about others at this point. As such, I wouldn’t hold my breath.
Does your LG support AirPlay 2? You could always watch that way, or you could go old school and get a lightning to HDMI adapter from Apple and wire it to your TV.

arttext

Sep 14, 2018
Visit site
I’m sure most (potential) subscribers would prefer to watch content on a big screen, so if they really want to compete with the likes of Netflix at al, they need to get their content to smart TV’s asap, like all the other streaming companies do, or it’ll be an excercise in futility. A test will be how fast Disney will appear with an app for smart TV’s

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I’m sure most (potential) subscribers would prefer to watch content on a big screen, so if they really want to compete with the likes of Netflix at al, they need to get their content to smart TV’s asap, like all the other streaming companies do, or it’ll be an excercise in futility. A test will be how fast Disney will appear with an app for smart TV’s

Apple doesn't NEED to do anything to stay competitive. IF they see a need, they will make the app available to non-Apple devices. For example, I have it on my Roku TV, so I don't see why they wouldn't also make it available to other devices.

arttext

Sep 14, 2018
Visit site
So basically, TV+ is useless for me. Watching on my iPad (even a 12.7”) or on my iPhone is not really an option at home. (Maybe on the road). Air streaming doesn’t work on my LG OLED of three years old.

arttext

Sep 14, 2018
Visit site
Ok, I cave. Just purchased a 2nd hand (Not used, still in box) Apple TV 4k 64gb for € 130, which is the best price I could find om Ebay/Amazon/Marktplaats/FB market place.
Apple wins. Again/////

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
You’ll soon discover that an Apple TV as a settopbox is awesome and that will make you wonder why you haven’t gotten it any sooner than now .

Now if only Ziggo had their Apple TV app ready, I’m sure it would be the best selling streaming device in The Netherlands .

arttext

Sep 14, 2018
Visit site
My LG tv has apps for Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu etc. etc. I understand that Apple wants to make money on its own little box, but if Disney gets its TV app like all the others, Apple will be the only one with its own settop. I wonder if that’s a valuable business model in the cutthroat streaming business, now that Apple TV+ starts, beyond the Apple sphere

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
My LG tv has apps for Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu etc. etc. I understand that Apple wants to make money on its own little box, but if Disney gets its TV app like all the others, Apple will be the only one with its own settop. I wonder if that’s a valuable business model in the cutthroat streaming business, now that Apple TV+ starts, beyond the Apple sphere

You should try those apps on your Apple TV and see the difference for yourself.
I find navigating those apps easier with my Apple TV remote on the Apple TV than with the TV remote on the TV.

arttext

Sep 14, 2018
Visit site
While awaiting for a device, I tried some mirroring options with Airplay for TV+ content on my tv, and to my surprise the sound worked, though not the image

arttext

Sep 14, 2018
Visit site
Well, as it turned out that the prevailing theory about Apple only wanted to cast on their own device is not true. I was at friends yesterday and the have Apple TV on their Samsung smart tv. And even Amazon’s Fire TV (stick) casts Apple TV+. So, why not on LG TV’s.
A clue might be a (resolved) dispute between Disney and Amazon about shared revenues, which caused Disney Plus not to stream on Amazon’s fire stick. Which is reaolved by now. So it must be a dispute between Apple and LG about revenues.
Samsung: Streaming all large services; Apple, Netflix, Disney and Amazon
Amazon Fire TV stick: ditto
LG: All of the above except Apple.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2