moved
    11-01-2019 10:20 AM
    Hard to say but it’s a brand new service and I’m sure they’re very focused on making it smooth and robust on their own ecosystem before worrying about others at this point. As such, I wouldn’t hold my breath.
    Does your LG support AirPlay 2? You could always watch that way, or you could go old school and get a lightning to HDMI adapter from Apple and wire it to your TV.
    11-01-2019 10:22 AM
    I’m sure most (potential) subscribers would prefer to watch content on a big screen, so if they really want to compete with the likes of Netflix at al, they need to get their content to smart TV’s asap, like all the other streaming companies do, or it’ll be an excercise in futility. A test will be how fast Disney will appear with an app for smart TV’s
    11-01-2019 10:33 AM
    I’m sure most (potential) subscribers would prefer to watch content on a big screen, so if they really want to compete with the likes of Netflix at al, they need to get their content to smart TV’s asap, like all the other streaming companies do, or it’ll be an excercise in futility. A test will be how fast Disney will appear with an app for smart TV’s
    Apple doesn't NEED to do anything to stay competitive. IF they see a need, they will make the app available to non-Apple devices. For example, I have it on my Roku TV, so I don't see why they wouldn't also make it available to other devices.
    11-01-2019 10:39 AM
    So basically, TV+ is useless for me. Watching on my iPad (even a 12.7”) or on my iPhone is not really an option at home. (Maybe on the road). Air streaming doesn’t work on my LG OLED of three years old.
    11-01-2019 11:40 AM
    Ok, I cave. Just purchased a 2nd hand (Not used, still in box) Apple TV 4k 64gb for € 130, which is the best price I could find om Ebay/Amazon/Marktplaats/FB market place.
    Apple wins. Again/////
    Tartarus likes this.
    11-02-2019 10:16 AM
    Apple wins. Again/////
    Well I have bad news for you. Apple always wins.
    11-02-2019 01:08 PM
    You’ll soon discover that an Apple TV as a settopbox is awesome and that will make you wonder why you haven’t gotten it any sooner than now .

Now if only Ziggo had their Apple TV app ready, I’m sure it would be the best selling streaming device in The Netherlands .
    11-02-2019 04:40 PM
    My LG tv has apps for Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu etc. etc. I understand that Apple wants to make money on its own little box, but if Disney gets its TV app like all the others, Apple will be the only one with its own settop. I wonder if that’s a valuable business model in the cutthroat streaming business, now that Apple TV+ starts, beyond the Apple sphere
    11-02-2019 05:01 PM
    My LG tv has apps for Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu etc. etc. I understand that Apple wants to make money on its own little box, but if Disney gets its TV app like all the others, Apple will be the only one with its own settop. I wonder if that’s a valuable business model in the cutthroat streaming business, now that Apple TV+ starts, beyond the Apple sphere
    You should try those apps on your Apple TV and see the difference for yourself.
    I find navigating those apps easier with my Apple TV remote on the Apple TV than with the TV remote on the TV.
    11-02-2019 06:47 PM
    While awaiting for a device, I tried some mirroring options with Airplay for TV+ content on my tv, and to my surprise the sound worked, though not the image
    11-03-2019 10:29 AM