I cut the cable cord a couple of years ago and switched to Apple TV and have used a couple of steaming services I.e DirectTV Now and lately I have been on YouTube TV.

Well my local cable company sent me a letter with an offer of 120 channels and 100MPS internet for 65 dollars plus tax a month.

I was already paying 50 a month for internet and another 50 for YouTube TV, so it was a no brainer and now I have one bill and a guaranteed rate for a year and after a year it only goes up to 85 dollars.

I loved my Apple TV, but I couldn’t pass up the deal and the cable company also has service in Florida where my brother and I will eventually move too, so I can transfer our account down there.

Streaming was fun and I enjoyed playing around with different streaming apps, but with cable companies lowering their rates because the millennials are not using it is going to attract folks like myself who are on a fixed income back into the fold.

I ended up giving my 4th Generation Apple TV 64 and HDConnect boxes to my young neighbor who is wanting to get into streaming, so it’s a win win.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-17-2019 05:44 AM
    I certainly can’t blame you for switching back. I’m in a grandfathered AT&T TV Now package from when DirecTV Now first launched so I’m not inclined to go anywhere at the moment. It’s clear that streaming services are going up in price while traditional services are offering pretty aggressive incentives to get customers back. Cutting the cord is not the big money saver it was even a year ago.
    09-17-2019 06:12 AM
    All of the streaming wars are overwhelming, so I can understand the appeal of cable, except for the price, that is! But the streaming channels are getting more and more expensive too. It all gives me a headache!
    bakron1 likes this.
    09-17-2019 08:08 AM
    Definitely can't blame you there. Very doubtful Spectrum will try any type of deal like that, and even if they did, I doubt I can go back to cable tv. YTTV is just way too flexible for me. As long as I have LTE or wifi, can can watch via the app. And even through Spectrum has an app to watch tv on, you have to be on a Spectrum network for it to work. They app doesn't allow VPN connections.
    bakron1 likes this.
    09-17-2019 09:08 AM
    I think the big catch for me is the rental fees for equipment with cable companies, especially now that I have Apple TVs for all the TVs in our house. When I factor in fees for HD/DVR, set boxes, etc. it is still a bargain to stay with Youtube TV even with the recent price increases.
    09-17-2019 10:33 AM
    I think the big catch for me is the rental fees for equipment with cable companies, especially now that I have Apple TVs for all the TVs in our house. When I factor in fees for HD/DVR, set boxes, etc. it is still a bargain to stay with Youtube TV even with the recent price increases.
    Agree with the equipment rental stuff, I did buy my own cable modem and use my Apple WiFi so the only thing I have to pay rental on is the cable box itself. I still save 15 dollars a month buy buying my own modem.
    09-17-2019 05:55 PM
    All of the streaming wars are overwhelming, so I can understand the appeal of cable, except for the price, that is! But the streaming channels are getting more and more expensive too. It all gives me a headache!
    One other issue I have had the past few months is my streaming had been slow and I have had more picture freeze then I had the first year and a half since I switched over.

I have talked to many people about this issue and they are saying the same thing, server overload. I think they haven’t updated their servers to keep up with the new demand.
    09-17-2019 06:01 PM
    I cut the cable cord a couple of years ago and switched to Apple TV and have used a couple of steaming services I.e DirectTV Now and lately I have been on YouTube TV.

Well my local cable company sent me a letter with an offer of 120 channels and 100MPS internet for 65 dollars plus tax a month.

I was already paying 50 a month for internet and another 50 for YouTube TV, so it was a no brainer and now I have one bill and a guaranteed rate for a year and after a year it only goes up to 85 dollars.

I loved my Apple TV, but I couldn’t pass up the deal and the cable company also has service in Florida where my brother and I will eventually move too, so I can transfer our account down there.

Streaming was fun and I enjoyed playing around with different streaming apps, but with cable companies lowering their rates because the millennials are not using it is going to attract folks like myself who are on a fixed income back into the fold.

I ended up giving my 4th Generation Apple TV 64 and HDConnect boxes to my young neighbor who is wanting to get into streaming, so it’s a win win.
    That’s an excellent deal, sir, and some of them you simply can’t pass up. I would’ve taken the deal without hesitation. It’s business and nothing more.
    bakron1 and Coachbulldog like this.
    09-17-2019 06:24 PM

I was already paying 50 a month for internet and another 50 for YouTube TV, so it was a no brainer and now I have one bill and a guaranteed rate for a year and after a year it only goes up to 85
    Congratulations on getting a solid deal!

It would be tough for me to give up my AppleTV because too many of the programs I watch are exclusive to Hulu, Netflix, or Amazon Prime. But if I were willing to go back to cable and was offered the deal you have, I’d jump at it!
    09-27-2019 07:06 PM
    None of the streaming I watch is on cable. AppleTV has a ton of apps too.
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    10-02-2019 10:59 AM