Apple AirPlay video streaming

javier gutierrez jr

Aug 11, 2019
Visit site
Hi, I have a tv in a location in which internet providers haven’t installed signal lines to supply us potential customers with internet service... at least not yet. It is a small warehouse in which I spend almost all day in. So, I have an iPhone 7plus and decided to purchase an Apple TV 4th gen; since I heard that you don’t necessarily need a WiFi connection to mirror your Iphone’s screen display to the device. I connected the Apple TV 4th gen device to my tv and then used the screen mirror option on my phone and the image from my iPhone mirrored to my tv... which was exactly what I needed since I have an unlimited high speed data plan with my phone.

As soon as I click on a YouTube video or any video on the internet, my tv image stays loading and my iPhone displays a “video is being displayed via airplay” message... but it stays loading and the video never plays. The only way I got it to work was by turning on my mobile hotspot on my phone and connecting the Apple TV to it, only this way the videos are able to play on my screen BUT my internet speed drops from High Speed LTE to like 3g or less due to hotspot, which makes watching any video a pain in the A** !!

Here es the VERY tricky thing though, I bought YouTube Premium thinking that maybe the whole airplay thing had something to do YouTube, and it didn’t, I still have to connect the Apple TV to my hotspot to be able to watch at least low quality videos........ BUT!!! ..... when I use the YouTube Music app (included with YouTube premium) while mirroring I DO NOT have to have my hotspot ON and i am able to mirror HD music videos without a single problem, all I have to do is simply click on the “video” option on YouTube music, then the video and sound start to play on my tv, then simply rotate my iPhone to landscape view; and I get full screen fast HD video mirroring to my tv.... what’s going on!!?? It’s confusing!! Is apple or YouTube playing games here lol.

The only bad thing here is that YouTube music only has music related videos, and I would like to be able to watch any Type of videos not only music vids.

So does anyone know what’s going on here or how I can get this airplay to work without WiFi?? Please I’ve been trying to figure this out for the longest time! Thanks !

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I have a tv in a location in which internet providers haven’t installed signal lines to supply us potential customers with internet service... at least not yet. It is a small warehouse in which I spend almost all day in. So, I have an iPhone 7plus and decided to purchase an Apple TV 4th gen; since I heard that you don’t necessarily need a WiFi connection to mirror your Iphone’s screen display to the device. I connected the Apple TV 4th gen device to my tv and then used the screen mirror option on my phone and the image from my iPhone mirrored to my tv... which was exactly what I needed since I have an unlimited high speed data plan with my phone.

As soon as I click on a YouTube video or any video on the internet, my tv image stays loading and my iPhone displays a “video is being displayed via airplay” message... but it stays loading and the video never plays. The only way I got it to work was by turning on my mobile hotspot on my phone and connecting the Apple TV to it, only this way the videos are able to play on my screen BUT my internet speed drops from High Speed LTE to like 3g or less due to hotspot, which makes watching any video a pain in the A** !!

Here es the VERY tricky thing though, I bought YouTube Premium thinking that maybe the whole airplay thing had something to do YouTube, and it didn’t, I still have to connect the Apple TV to my hotspot to be able to watch at least low quality videos........ BUT!!! ..... when I use the YouTube Music app (included with YouTube premium) while mirroring I DO NOT have to have my hotspot ON and i am able to mirror HD music videos without a single problem, all I have to do is simply click on the “video” option on YouTube music, then the video and sound start to play on my tv, then simply rotate my iPhone to landscape view; and I get full screen fast HD video mirroring to my tv.... what’s going on!!?? It’s confusing!! Is apple or YouTube playing games here lol.

The only bad thing here is that YouTube music only has music related videos, and I would like to be able to watch any Type of videos not only music vids.

So does anyone know what’s going on here or how I can get this airplay to work without WiFi?? Please I’ve been trying to figure this out for the longest time! Thanks !

Remove the YouTube app from your TV and try streaming videos again.

javier gutierrez jr

Aug 11, 2019
Visit site
I tried it without the YouTube app installed on my Apple TV when I first bought it, then I installed it to see if that would solve my issue. Now i removed/deleted the YouTube app to try what you said and did not make a difference. My tv shows the loading circle and my iPhone says “connected to airplay”. I have also tried using the YouTube website through safari and google chrome and as soon as I click the video it shows the same message... it shows this message on any video and on any website; As if the iphone or Apple TV knows when I’m trying to mirror a video, except when using the YouTube music app, that one works... weird huh.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Once you are connected via AirPlay, try using your Apple TV remote and press “play” on the remote. Does that work?

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods