Homesharing not displaying photos

MikeElmendorf

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
I noticed yesterday that the Homesharing Photos screensaver seemed to not be displaying a normal, random assortment of pictures yesterday.y. In trying to trouble shoot it, I discovered that Homesharing is not displaying any photos at all from my Mac. When I go into Computers on the Apple TV, it shows music and other content but for photos, it just spins and spins.

Oddly, it is doing the same thing from both Apple TVs I checked at my house--and my Apple TV in my office (different location, different Mac, linked to the same directory of photos which stays consistent across machines through Dropbox) is doing the same thing.

I've had issues in the past with the Apple TV and photos, but it has always been specific to one machine.

I tried restarting everything at the house, turning home sharing off and on all devices, etc--no dice.

Even when I switch to a different directory for the photos it still doesn't work.

I'm wondering if anyone else is seeing this--and if maybe there was a change in iTunes, Apple TV or elsewhere on the back end that broke this? Again, very weird that it is doing the same thing in two different locations for me.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't have home sharing enabled, but hopefully members who do and have experienced what you have will reply soon.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW