Apple TV (3rd gen) not working normally

CarterUSM

Jan 30, 2019
Visit site
Hi

We've recently been encountering problems when trying to gain access to Apple TV (3rd generation). Normally, when the initial screen appears, I can press Menu, and the screen featuring the various apps (Youtube, Netflix, etc. etc.) appears.

However, when I've tried to gain access recently, what usually happens is that when I press Menu, this screen appears for a split second, then defaults to the ITunes Store signin page, and then freezes. I've tried turning the TV off & on again, but to no effect.

On one occasion, I did actually gain access to the apps screen, but when I tried to scroll to Youtube, the remote (for which I have recently replaced the battery) had no effect - it was just frozen.

Would anyone be able to assist me with my problem please?

Very many thanks in anticipation of your help.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi

We've recently been encountering problems when trying to gain access to Apple TV (3rd generation). Normally, when the initial screen appears, I can press Menu, and the screen featuring the various apps (Youtube, Netflix, etc. etc.) appears.

However, when I've tried to gain access recently, what usually happens is that when I press Menu, this screen appears for a split second, then defaults to the ITunes Store signin page, and then freezes. I've tried turning the TV off & on again, but to no effect.

On one occasion, I did actually gain access to the apps screen, but when I tried to scroll to Youtube, the remote (for which I have recently replaced the battery) had no effect - it was just frozen.

My advice is to reset the Apple TV and set it up from scratch.
See if that solves the problem.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Hi

I had some similar weird issues and as others have stated. I did a factory reset and set the Apple TV up from scratch, reloaded all my TV apps and logged back in to my Direct TV Now and accounts have it’s been fine every since.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Hi

I had some similar weird issues and as others have stated. I did a factory reset and set the Apple TV up from scratch, reloaded all my TV apps and logged back in to my Direct TV Now and other accounts it’s been fine every since.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro