Apple TV 4 Stuck

facecard

May 16, 2017
Visit site
I have an Apple TV 4 and it appears to be stuck at the Data & Privacy screen. I am not using the original Siri remote that was paired with this ATV. I am trying to pair another Siri remote but I am not successful. I have restarted the ATV using this remote and it comes back to the same screen. To pair it, I used Menu + Up or Menu + Left. Neither one seemed to work.

Perhaps, I am missing something. Maybe it is hung up on something. There should be some way to force a pairing between remote and ATV. The last resort will be to perform a factory reset.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm missing something. Why are you attempting to pair a Siri remote on an TV that stuck on a certain screen? Restart the TV and then try pair the remote.

facecard

May 16, 2017
Visit site
I'm missing something. Why are you attempting to pair a Siri remote on an TV that stuck on a certain screen? Restart the TV and then try pair the remote.

Gee, let me think.... I am doing this because....umm... I don't know why I am doing it. That is a good question. As I said "I am not using the original Siri remote that was paired with this ATV. I have restarted the ATV using the 2nd remote and it comes back to the same screen". You are right, I trying to foolishly fix it and I should just leave it at the Data & Privacy screen. I will let the teacher fix it. Moving right along...

facecard

May 16, 2017
Visit site
I can't speak for all teachers. Most of them, at least ones I deal with, are NOT tech savvy and they are helpless at times. I have already tried to pair a 2nd remote based on that support article.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Gee, let me think.... I am doing this because....umm... I don't know why I am doing it. That is a good question. As I said "I am not using the original Siri remote that was paired with this ATV. I have restarted the ATV using the 2nd remote and it comes back to the same screen". You are right, I trying to foolishly fix it and I should just leave it at the Data & Privacy screen. I will let the teacher fix it. Moving right along...

Young person, if the school you attend has an IT section, it is recommended that the teacher notify it to fix the issue he or she is having with the device. There may be protections in place that is preventing the pairing of a second remote.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Maybe it’s a firewall issue? Have you checked with your school’s IT department? They may need a rule to be written.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73