I used Siri to rewind & fast forward programs that I watch, and to input passwords or text. The other day, it just stopped working. I’ve tried resetting it & changing the setting but nothing has worked. Has anyone else had any experience with this? If so, how did you correct the issue?
    06-24-2018 09:32 PM
    I used Siri to rewind & fast forward programs that I watch, and to input passwords or text. The other day, it just stopped working. I’ve tried resetting it & changing the setting but nothing has worked. Has anyone else had any experience with this? If so, how did you correct the issue?
    Check to see if the Siri language is the same as your TV system language.
    06-24-2018 09:36 PM
    Did you replace the battery?
    06-24-2018 10:19 PM
    Check to see if the Siri language is the same as your TV system language.
    I just checked & they’re the same.

Did you replace the battery?
    I don’t have any battery issues. I just charged it to 100% yesterday & still nothing.
    06-25-2018 06:53 AM
    No issues here but I normally use my phone with the remote app. I'll test when I get home.

Everything else on the remote works ok? Has the remote been dropped, to your knowledge? If it has it would have damaged the mic.
    06-25-2018 09:09 AM
    No issues here but I normally use my phone with the remote app. I'll test when I get home.

Everything else on the remote works ok? Has the remote been dropped, to your knowledge? If it has it would have damaged the mic.
    Everything else works perfectly & it hasn’t been dropped. I’m not sure what’s causing the issue. I might just take it to Apple tomorrow when I get off of work.
    06-25-2018 04:20 PM
    I know Siri needs a connection to work on the phone, is it the same with the TV remote? If so have you tried rebooting your router or changing the WiFi channel to a less congested one?
    06-26-2018 11:09 AM
    I know Siri needs a connection to work on the phone, is it the same with the TV remote? If so have you tried rebooting your router or changing the WiFi channel to a less congested one?
    Tried that too. I have no connection issues.
    06-26-2018 04:43 PM
    Update: I never took my remote to the Apple store because I ended up forgetting everyday last week lol. Today I attempted to use Siri & it’s working just fine. I have no idea what the issue was, but I’m glad it fixed itself. Hopefully it won’t happen again!
    Sherry_B and Tartarus like this.
    07-01-2018 11:32 AM
    Update: I never took my remote to the Apple store because I ended up forgetting everyday last week lol. Today I attempted to use Siri & it’s working just fine. I have no idea what the issue was, but I’m glad it fixed itself. Hopefully it won’t happen again!

Happy to hear that it worked itself out!!
    nikkisharif likes this.
    07-01-2018 07:12 PM