Siri Stopped Working on my Remote

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I used Siri to rewind & fast forward programs that I watch, and to input passwords or text. The other day, it just stopped working. I’ve tried resetting it & changing the setting but nothing has worked. Has anyone else had any experience with this? If so, how did you correct the issue?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I used Siri to rewind & fast forward programs that I watch, and to input passwords or text. The other day, it just stopped working. I’ve tried resetting it & changing the setting but nothing has worked. Has anyone else had any experience with this? If so, how did you correct the issue?

Check to see if the Siri language is the same as your TV system language.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
No issues here but I normally use my phone with the remote app. I'll test when I get home.

Everything else on the remote works ok? Has the remote been dropped, to your knowledge? If it has it would have damaged the mic.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
No issues here but I normally use my phone with the remote app. I'll test when I get home.

Everything else on the remote works ok? Has the remote been dropped, to your knowledge? If it has it would have damaged the mic.

Everything else works perfectly & it hasn’t been dropped. I’m not sure what’s causing the issue. I might just take it to Apple tomorrow when I get off of work.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I know Siri needs a connection to work on the phone, is it the same with the TV remote? If so have you tried rebooting your router or changing the WiFi channel to a less congested one?

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Update: I never took my remote to the Apple store because I ended up forgetting everyday last week lol. Today I attempted to use Siri & it’s working just fine. I have no idea what the issue was, but I’m glad it fixed itself. Hopefully it won’t happen again!

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Update: I never took my remote to the Apple store because I ended up forgetting everyday last week lol. Today I attempted to use Siri & it’s working just fine. I have no idea what the issue was, but I’m glad it fixed itself. Hopefully it won’t happen again!

Happy to hear that it worked itself out!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73