Apple TV question

seanwplandry

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi all

Just wondering is there a way to connect a CD/DVD/blue-ray disc reader to an Apple TV. My Blue-ray player just died and was wondering if there was an accessory I could buy to connect to my Apple TV rather than having to go buy a new Blue-Ray.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately Apple TV does not directly support external devices like that. A couple of other options come to mind though.
- If you own a MacBook you could play the movie through AirPlay to your Apple TV. If you have a Windows PC the process is a lot more cumbersome but it can be done. More help on that here: https://www.windowscentral.com/best-airplay-alternatives-windows
- Set yourself up a Plex server and burn your movies on to it. Check out www.plex.tv for more info.
- Cave and buy a new BluRay player. You can get one super cheap from Amazon.
Hope this helps. Best of luck!

seanwplandry

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately Apple TV does not directly support external devices like that. A couple of other options come to mind though.
- If you own a MacBook you could play the movie through AirPlay to your Apple TV. If you have a Windows PC the process is a lot more cumbersome but it can be done. More help on that here: https://www.windowscentral.com/best-airplay-alternatives-windows
- Set yourself up a Plex server and burn your movies on to it. Check out www.plex.tv for more info.
- Cave and buy a new BluRay player. You can get one super cheap from Amazon.
Hope this helps. Best of luck!

Thanks for the info. Tried Air play on my Mac but for some reason it will not play on my TV

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I was going to suggest an OPPO Blu-Ray player, it's the only brand my husband would buy. But, going to their site so I could get you the link I see they are no longer manufacturing the players (looks like they're focusing on cell phones). :crying:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AbbiePilgrim