Well.......12 hours after cutting the cord. Turned in all cables boxes and phone modem this morning. Now on 100 meg internet with Apple TV's and YouTube TV.
    Got my email from DTV about how to return my box... will take it tomorrow.
    Congrats! Hopefully it’s the last cable/satellite equipment you’ll ever have to return.
    Lee_Bo and robertk328 like this.
    05-10-2018 04:56 AM
    For the folks cutting the cord, do yourself a favor and promise yourself to stick with it for a couple months. Its a big change but once you get used to the change you'll realize you should have done it a long time ago.

The first time I tried was 2 years ago and I only made it a few weeks. It was so different from traditional cable that I didn't allow myself to adjust. The I did it again and told myself I was sticking with it for at least 2 months and I haven't looked back. Yes the remote setup is different and depending on the service you use, the guide and DVR etc is different, but once you adjust its the best decision I ever made.
    MB64, Rob Phillips and Sherry_B like this.
    05-10-2018 10:44 AM
    For the folks cutting the cord, do yourself a favor and promise yourself to stick with it for a couple months. Its a big change but once you get used to the change you'll realize you should have done it a long time ago.

The first time I tried was 2 years ago and I only made it a few weeks. It was so different from traditional cable that I didn't allow myself to adjust. The I did it again and told myself I was sticking with it for at least 2 months and I haven't looked back. Yes the remote setup is different and depending on the service you use, the guide and DVR etc is different, but once you adjust its the best decision I ever made.
    Solid advice. When I first cut the cord I purposely kept my Xfinity service on for a month (I had already paid the bill anyway) and made a commitment to myself to not use it, and only use DirecTV NOW. This gave me an out in case I just couldn’t take it. What I found was that I barely missed Xfinity. Since then DTVN has gotten so much better. They’ve added all of my locals, expanded on demand content and third party app compatibility (AMC, NBC, etc.), and they’ve gotten WAY more reliable. And it doesn’t hurt that I got in early so my DTVN service is grandfathered into a super cheap package!
    05-11-2018 06:08 AM
    DirecTV Now DVR just released for all those looking forward to it. Its not on all devices just yet but Apple devices are available. Fire devices looks to be in the next week or so.
    MB64 likes this.
    05-15-2018 12:12 PM
    Great news!!
    DirecTV Now DVR just released for all those looking forward to it. Its not on all devices just yet but Apple devices are available. Fire devices looks to be in the next week or so.
    05-16-2018 04:57 PM
    Well.......12 hours after cutting the cord. Turned in all cables boxes and phone modem this morning. Now on 100 meg internet with Apple TV's and YouTube TV.
    Well, a pleasant mistake by Charter. The 100 meg internet is no longer available so now we have 200 meg at the same price.

joemd60 likes this.
    05-16-2018 06:34 PM
    I just finalized getting away even from internet with spectrum aka brighthouse/charter/time Warner etc....their 100 mps was 75 a month, with frontier it’s 50 . Has anyone tried the dvr function? I’m not home yet and haven’t fiddled with it now with the new streaming services, I have my wife testing the new channel lineup and format and she likes it
    05-18-2018 07:18 PM
    I just finalized getting away even from internet with spectrum aka brighthouse/charter/time Warner etc....their 100 mps was 75 a month, with frontier it’s 50 . Has anyone tried the dvr function? I’m not home yet and haven’t fiddled with it now with the new streaming services, I have my wife testing the new channel lineup and format and she likes it
    The DVR is “ok”. Theres a huge issue with recording new episodes only. I set one of my shows up to do just new episodes and it recorded 19 hours of reruns on multiple channels. (Big Bang Theory). My DVR was full. They need to address that immediately even if you have the 100 hours for $10 more. But it did record just fine.

The apple remote makes fast forwarding a nightmare though.

They also need to add the ability to pause live tv and unpause where you left off as well as rewind for at least 30 seconds or so.
    MB64 likes this.
    05-18-2018 09:18 PM
    Updates out for Android and Fire devices. Roku will be coming soon.

Seems the "record new episodes only" has gotten a bit better as well. Did have an issue with a discovery show not recording however.
    05-24-2018 10:08 AM
84 ... 234