Thinking of Cutting the Cable Cord? My thoughts.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I believe PSVue allows pause and rewind on live TV, so does HDHomeRun Premium.

Ive given my DTV Now account to my daughter in college since I didn't want to lose the $15 promo price. Im strictly using HDHomeRun tuners for OTA in Emby and streaming cable from my work since we get it free with our package. If I needed Cable channels I would use HDHomeRun Premium.

Ive saved so much money over the last 2 years of ditching cable that Ive more than paid for all my electronics updates throughout the house.

I’ll check out PS Vue, but have to hope DTV will offer at some point!

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Signing up for the free trial now! I think the 105 channels for 65 bucks might be the way to go.

Worth a shot :)
i'm going to try PS Vue again to see how the pause live tv works (DTV doesn't have it). There's a trial period there too just check your channels and try the interface, features, etc.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Worth a shot :)
i'm going to try PS Vue again to see how the pause live tv works (DTV doesn't have it). There's a trial period there too just check your channels and try the interface, features, etc.

From the OP, looks like I might need to do something different to get local stuff. Can’t miss a Panther game lol

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
From the OP, looks like I might need to do something different to get local stuff. Can’t miss a Panther game lol

no you can get locals with DTV Now, no worries. there's a chance certain areas have issues but that's what the trial is for. and the best part about it is you can switch easily with no equipment to return,etc.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
In case you guys didn't know, or just to remind everyone, one of iMore's sister forums is called CordCutters, and it's a great way to share information or to get information.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I’m still trying to get the guts to cut the cord...

You just have to do it, I procrastinated for a long time and now that I have cut the cord over a year and a half ago, I never looked back.

Now, not only do I have Direct TV Now, but, Amazon Video and You Tube apps which gives me options I never had with cable and I am saving 80 dollars a month.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I’m still trying to get the guts to cut the cord...

Well then take a look at another MoNa site, cordcutters.com. Lots of info there for you to take a look at.

And I think there might even be a contest going on.

And FYI, the powers that be are working on getting the CC forums on TapaTalk. Should be available very soon.

Last edited:

Bbnivende

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
In Alberta and BC Canada we have TELUS PIK TV which offers an incredibly cheap package and a Apple TV app. Works better than the Android box too.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Signing up for the free trial now! I think the 105 channels for 65 bucks might be the way to go.

Oh snap, all the episodes of “Greenleaf” that I’ve missed this season!!

How did DTV Now treat you?

I did a trial of PS Vue and was initially excited about the pause/rewind of live tv but found it to be flaky. I might have 15 minutes of buffer (max is 30 I think) and rewind a minute or so, and it would play ok but then eventually jump to another spot in the show and I'd have to figure out where I was. no thanks, I'd rather not have it than a poor implementation. Hopefully DTV Now will offer it at some point and hoping even more that it works!

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I signed up for the trial and haven’t used it. Have to cancel today!

I hear you, I've had that happen too. You can do it again just use a different email address.

With google you can use punctuation to help you -- so if your email is mumfoau @ gmail you can do m.umfoau and it will still come to you. If you don't use Gmail, then not sure what to tell you :rotfl: But maybe do it before a weekend next time so you have more free time to try it out :)

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I hear you, I've had that happen too. You can do it again just use a different email address.

With google you can use punctuation to help you -- so if your email is mumfoau @ gmail you can do m.umfoau and it will still come to you. If you don't use Gmail, then not sure what to tell you :rotfl: But maybe do it before a weekend next time so you have more free time to try it out :)

I do use gmail. That’s good to know. My wife will love that with coupons.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2