Confused on Apple TV

atlasmike

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
I am in the market to buy an ATV. I watched WWDC and they said Amazon Streaming service is coming to Apple TV. My question is, does it have Amazon already, or is it coming in the fall. I want to keep my powder dry just incase something better comes out this fall, I maybe willing to buy now. If it has Amazon, and it has HuLu, YouTube, Netflix and Direct TV I will buy now as long as something isn't coming out this fall. Is there any upgrades coming?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I am in the market to buy an ATV. I watched WWDC and they said Amazon Streaming service is coming to Apple TV. My question is, does it have Amazon already, or is it coming in the fall. I want to keep my powder dry just incase something better comes out this fall, I maybe willing to buy now. If it has Amazon, and it has HuLu, YouTube, Netflix and Direct TV I will buy now as long as something isn't coming out this fall. Is there any upgrades coming?

Rumored to be a 4K apple tv in the works but not really sure when it will be coming out. With that being said, if you don't have a 4k tv, the upgrade won't benefit you. I have an apple tv now, tied to a 4k tv and works great. All of the shows you want are on there (not sure if amazon is I do not use that. I know Direct tv ties into the channels.

Here is a list of many of the channels currently on Apple tv
Apple TV Channels | page 1 |*Appledystopia
A&E, ABC, ABC News, ACC Sports, AOL On, Apple Events, Bloomberg, CBS, CBS News, CBS Sports, CNBC, CNNgo, Crackle, Computers, Crunchyroll, Dailymotion, Disney, Disney Junior, Disney XD, ESPN, Feeln, Flickr, FOX NOW, Fusion, FX NOW, FYI, HBO GO, HBO NOW, History, Hulu, iCloud Photos, iMovie Theater, iTunes Festival, iTunes Radio, KORTV, Lifetime, M2M, MLB.TV, MLS, Movies, Music, NatGeo TV, NBA, NBC, NBC Sports Live Extra, Netflix, NFL, NHL, 120 Sports, PBS, PBS Kids, Podcasts, Qello, Radio, Red Bull TV, Showtime, Showtime Anytime, Smithsonian Channel, Sky News, Tastemade, TED, Tennis Channel Everywhere, The Beatles, The Scene, Trailers, TV Shows, UFC, USA NOW, Vevo, Vimeo, Weather Channel, Willow, WSJ Live, WWE Network, Yahoo Screen, Young Hollywood and YouTube.

duckduckgoose

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site

Amazon isn't available as of now, but an app will be coming. If the new 4K won't benefit you, buy the current AppleTV it's a great unit!

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I am also waiting for the Amazon service to be become available for Apple TV. Being a prime member I can take advantage of it. Now it just has to make it to the App Store.