HDHomeRun box and Channels Apps

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Finally bit the bullet and bought a HDHomeRun box, Leaf Digital antenna and the Channels app and now have local TV along with Direct TV Now on my Apple TV 64 (4th Gen) system.

Anyone who has been thinking about going with this setup, I am loving mine and was able to watch the Open Championship this morning on CBS live TV in HD on my Apple TV.

I bought all of my gear off Craigslist used and have a total investment of 165.00 in hardware and not looking back on cutting the cable cord.

Current system:
Apple TV 64 Gig 4th Gen, $80.00 used
Surfboard 6141 Cable Modem, 20.00 used
HDHomeRun box, 50.00 used
Leaf Digital antenna, 15.00 used.

So far I have been very impressed with the picture quality and streaming functions with my Apple TV system. I have had a few 1502 loading errors with Direct TV Now, but they are correcting the issues and the service is only going to get better.

I thinking streaming is the future and I am only using a 30mps internet connection and saving 70.00 a month compared to my previous cable bills. For the few lagging and Direct TV loading issues I have had, I feel these are minor and the monthly savings are worth any shortfalls inherited by streaming.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You did well, sir, and I’m glad you are pleased with the outcome. It appears that members are cutting the cord more frequently. I did the same a couple of years back and I don’t miss cable tV or satellite tv service at all....:)

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
You did well, sir, and I’m glad you are pleased with the outcome. It appears that members are cutting the cord more frequently. I did the same a couple of years back and I don’t miss cable tV or satellite tv service at all....:)

I have become a spokesperson for streaming and cutting the cable cord. A lot of folks who watch sports tell me they are concerned about lag, but I haven't noticed any major lag issues. I do get some minor lag during the busy time of the day, but it's improving daily and is only going to get better.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711