I'm torn - Should I pull the trigger on an Apple TV or not?!

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I have also been thinking about getting a Apple TV as well. To be honest, I haven't heard anything bad about it...ever, only good things. Almost to good to be true...LOL

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I have also been thinking about getting a Apple TV as well. To be honest, I haven't heard anything bad about it...ever, only good things. Almost to good to be true...LOL

Well if you're feeling anything like me - pull the trigger and do it! I have zero regrets. It's an awesome system and is extremely intuitive.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
The clunky interfaces built into some of these devices drive me crazy. Maybe I'm jaded because Apple focuses so much on creating a smooth experience but it's clear to me that many of these device makers add "smart" interfaces simply to be able to advertise their devices as "smart".

I'm sure that's exactly the case!!! After 3 days, I'm totally spoiled

Well everyone - I am the proud owner of an Apple TV!! Happy Early Birthday to me haha. The interface and usability really is amazing. I've got most of my streaming services setup. I'm not planning on using it for games since I have dedicated consoles but if anyone has streaming app recommendations, please let me know!

Congratulations!!!!

I just purchased mine Friday & love it. Not sure if you have cable or not but I just started my free trial for PlayStation Vue. They offer more channels that I love, plus they have the NFL channel. So far it's pretty good.

Have you not learned your lesson about contemplating purchases when I'm around DO IT!!!! You'll love it. I just recently gave up cable &  TV is much better than my Samsung smart tv. The interface is nice & very easy to navigate. You won't regret it

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Have you not learned your lesson about contemplating purchases when I'm around DO IT!!!! You'll love it. I just recently gave up cable &  TV is much better than my Samsung smart tv. The interface is nice & very easy to navigate. You won't regret it

He's out of control! @Spencerdl just get one. You're going to at some point anyway. Might as well be now.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

He's out of control! @Spencerdl just get one. You're going to at some point anyway. Might as well be now.

Oh believe me, he is gonna get one soon. I give him 48 hours. Mark my words.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I would do it! The interface with the Apple TV is likely going to be better than the on win your TV, and like you said, being able to buy/rent movies from iTunes is a huge bonus. Keep an eye on sales (there are apps and websites to use if you think you might want to buy some) and you can build a nice library :)

Here's a thread for that: http://forums.imore.com/showthread.php?t=387211&p=2927256&viewfull=1#post2927256

For your internet, no guarantees it will work better but you might want to look into a range extender or more powerful router to make sure you have adequate wifi down there.

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Try Apple Music and watch Planet of the Apps, Apple’s new show! I watched it on my Apple TV and even though it is 1080p, the clarity of it is cleaner than other streaming shows I watch. I also choose Apple Music over the others because when I add a song outside of Apple Music to my library, it syncs across my devices wirelessly. If I put an album cover with the music I add to iTunes on my Mac, I can have all of my Apple Music and added music in one library without even telling the difference between Apple Music content and other content I imported. Other things such as saving your music offline for easy listening anywhere makes it an excellent choice for anyone with multiple Apple devices that really like music.

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Try Apple Music and watch Planet of the Apps, Apple’s new show! I watched it on my Apple TV and even though it is 1080p, the clarity of it is cleaner than other streaming shows I watch. I also choose Apple Music over the others because when I add a song outside of Apple Music to my library, it syncs across my devices wirelessly. If I put an album cover with the music I add to iTunes on my Mac, I can have all of my Apple Music and added music in one library without even telling the difference between Apple Music content and other content I imported. Other things such as saving your music offline for easy listening anywhere makes it an excellent choice for anyone with multiple Apple devices that really like music.

I can't find planet of the apps tv show on apple music, is it available only for limited area ?

tx

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, the only thing I use mine for is AirPlay’ing YouTube from my phone and an occasional movie. Sometimes watch Netflix since we’re sharing credentials with the in-laws.

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I can't find planet of the apps tv show on apple music, is it available only for limited area ?

tx

73d1b40c72bb2187b8c6769650533eee.png

3cf74ba8dc0ba9fc2d033e41240f0899.png

You can find it in the Music app under the Browse section, as well as in the TV app on either iPhone, iPad, or Apple TV.

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Nah .... not working ... it's unclear, I can't find any information if this show is only limited for several country or not as well

Screen Shot 2017-07-06 at 08.24.44.png

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Bought a Apple TV 4th generation 64 model for 80.00 off Craigslist, have Direct TV streaming package and saving 65.00 a month and not looking back.

I have excellent picture quality even with 35 MPS connection. Direct TV has all the channels I had on cable and even has a few more.

It's been two weeks since I ditched cable and I am not looking back.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner