Folks,

Ok so we are Apple fan do we go with Apple TV 3rd or 4th gen OR do we go for 1 of the other guys such as Amazon Fire TV (or Stick), Roku, Android TV, Chromecast, etc? Me I'm kind of insane. I have a smart TV with apps, a 3rd gen Apple TV, 2 Rokus, a Fire TV box, 2 Fire TV sticks, a Xiaomi Mi Box Android TV, AND a Vizio CoStar Google TV. So basically I have everything! I owned a Chromecast in the past but I traded it for a Fire Stick.

What about you guys?
    05-05-2017 09:55 PM
    My smart tv is from 2011, so that's not actually something I'm using a lot.

I bought an TV 4th gen 64GB last January because I wanted something more than just my Watch and iPhone 7 Plus 256GB Gold.
    I've set my eyes on an iPad next.
    pkcable likes this.
    05-05-2017 10:16 PM
    I have a 4th Gen Apple TV, and I completely forgot about Chromecast for like a year, it's just plugged in to the back of my TV.
    pkcable and Not Quite Right like this.
    05-05-2017 10:21 PM
    In my opinion, go with the product that's part of whatever ecosystem you're invested in the most. With me, it's Apple, and therefore, the TV is what I chose.
    alc1575 and pkcable like this.
    05-06-2017 09:30 AM
    05-06-2017 06:25 PM
    I had a Roku 2 but recently switched to the 4th gen Apple TV and I love it. MY DH is using a Roku 3, but is considering switching as well.
    pkcable likes this.
    05-07-2017 08:23 AM
     TV of course. All the apps you could want and integration with your existing Apple accounts.
    pkcable likes this.
    05-10-2017 04:56 AM
    I own four streaming boxes. ALL of them are Apple TVs.
    pkcable likes this.
    05-10-2017 06:01 AM
    I dumped 3 Apple TV 2nd Gens well over a year ago and run 3 my gigca android boxes in the home. Actually I just updated those in the past 3 months to newer versions
    05-10-2017 10:56 AM
    We have two of the Apple TV 4th gen a,d love them. We cur cable a long time back (when appleTV Gen 2 came out) and do not miss it at all. Like other folks have said if you have a lot of iTunes stuff then the apple TV is a no brainer, with the 4th gen you can add Plex to it so it really does meet our needs.
    05-10-2017 11:25 AM
    I own four streaming boxes. ALL of them are Apple TVs.
    Apple TV or one of the "other guys"?-giphy.gif
    05-10-2017 05:50 PM
    It's going to be a bit before I cut the cable , even with improvements in Iptv..there is still a lot of work to be done
    05-14-2017 01:27 AM
    Cut cable today because I realized I really don't watch it since I use apps for everything. Have a Samsung Smart TV (2016) but just bought a 4th gen Apple TV a couple hours ago. I went to Amazon Books before I went in Apple but not all apps are available on the Fire TV...same goes for the smart tv too plus I have a lot of movies I love in my iTunes account. I'm about to try Hulu Live & Directv Now to see which one I like better. Any suggestions y'all have for this newbie will be greatly appreciated
    robertk328 likes this.
    05-26-2017 07:33 PM
    Cut cable today because I realized I really don't watch it since I use apps for everything. Have a Samsung Smart TV (2016) but just bought a 4th gen Apple TV a couple hours ago. I went to Amazon Books before I went in Apple but not all apps are available on the Fire TV...same goes for the smart tv too plus I have a lot of movies I love in my iTunes account. I'm about to try Hulu Live & Directv Now to see which one I like better. Any suggestions y'all have for this newbie will be greatly appreciated
    Congrats on the new Apple TV! It's easy to use so not a lot of tips there but I would get a Griffin cover for the remote. Makes it easier to hold! And protects against drops. The remote itself is like $80 to replace, though you can use your phone with the remote app.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    05-27-2017 07:55 PM
    Congrats on the new Apple TV! It's easy to use so not a lot of tips there but I would get a Griffin cover for the remote. Makes it easier to hold! And protects against drops. The remote itself is like $80 to replace, though you can use your phone with the remote app.
    Thank you!! I doubt if I get a cover but I love that there are options. My kids are on their own, so it's just me in my bachelorette pad♥️♥️ & I'm pretty careful with my stuff!!

Edit: a sleek leather case might change my mind though
    05-28-2017 08:25 AM
    Thank you!! I doubt if I get a cover but I love that there are options. My kids are on their own, so it's just me in my bachelorette pad♥️♥️ & I'm pretty careful with my stuff!!

Edit: a sleek leather case might change my mind though
    lol
    Never seen leather but you know I wouldn't be surprised to see one!
    05-28-2017 09:06 AM
    lol
    Never seen leather but you know I wouldn't be surprised to see one!
    I'm sure there's one out there somewhere
    05-28-2017 09:14 AM