Your most wanted tvOS app?

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Count me as yet another Amazon vote! I'd also like to see VUDU/Flixter Movies or some other app that I can use to have my UltraViolet movies on the Apple TV (without mirroring).

alexsisk

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
1) Amazon

2) Kodi* on next gen Apple TV - My stored video library is 90% HEVC/H.265 and the A8 iny 4th Gen 64GB Apple TV just can't handle it.

*Once Infuse (Apple TV Video Library/Player app that is indesccribably awesome) gets a powerful hardware engine to work with on the next gen ATV it'll be great as well.

I actually bought a $200 Nvidia Shield Android TV (Sorry for the explicit language there.) and recently a $250 Intel NUC which is running a Celeron!! (They're for different rooms.)

But because these devices have have dedicated HEVC hardware decoders, they don't need serious internals, although the Shield is as powerful as the iPhone 7 Plus (Shield has 3GB RAM also.) AND it came out in May 2015, a full 5 months before the ATV 4.

The A10 in my iPhone 7 Plus can eat HEVC for breakfast with no official hardware support simply due to the fact that it is an insanely powerful SoC.

alc1575

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
I've read two reports from two different sources today claiming that Amazon is planning on releasing their Instant Video app for Apple TV this summer. Hoping it pans out!

That would be great! My husband wants to switch to Apple TV but won't due to lack of Amazon video. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
We already have those, you know.

I'm sorry. I've clearly misread your post. I mistakenly thought you were asking for the most used tvOS app(s) even though it clearly states "most wanted". My bad! In that case, I don't have any desired apps other than what's already available.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm sorry. I've clearly misread your post. I mistakenly thought you were asking for the most used tvOS app(s) even though it clearly states "most wanted". My bad! In that case, I don't have any desired apps other than what's already available.

lol

I figured ;) I think the offerings are great, so not much out there that I could think of which is why I was wondering!

alc1575

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
We already have those, you know.

BTW, rumors are swirling that Amazon will be available this summer!

Playing around with Airplay this morning and am now streaming Amazon movies through my phone to my Apple TV. No waiting necessary! Whoop! Whoop! I know a lot of you probably already do this, but it is new to me and it made my morning, lol.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Playing around with Airplay this morning and am now streaming Amazon movies through my phone to my Apple TV. No waiting necessary! Whoop! Whoop! I know a lot of you probably already do this, but it is new to me and it made my morning, lol.

The one thing I like about AirPlay streaming Amazon is how the device you are streaming from will often show the current actors on screen, as well as other interesting facts about the movie/TV show (if Amazon has the information in its X-Ray database).

alc1575

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
The one thing I like about AirPlay streaming Amazon is how the device you are streaming from will often show the current actors on screen, as well as other interesting facts about the movie/TV show (if Amazon has the information in its X-Ray database).

Yeah, I noticed that. It's a nice feature.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

You'll still be able to AirPlay but the app being built in will be welcome as it saves battery, and AirPlay for me usually has some hiccups. I guess we'll see!

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
You'll still be able to AirPlay but the app being built in will be welcome as it saves battery, and AirPlay for me usually has some hiccups. I guess we'll see!

I understand, and don't get me wrong, I am wanting the app -- as above I mentioned it as the app that I most want on ATV.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro