MLB.tv on the Apple TV 3rd Gen Is Sweet

cuttheredwire

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
I just signed up for the MLB.tv T-Mobile promotion. Then I tried it out on my old (and only) Apple TV.

I'm very impressed.

Amazingly, you can choose between skipping forward by inning, events, or scores. That's awesome and I had no idea it could do that; never read it anywhere. You just press down to get the different skip options. Easy to miss, but easy to use.

Now, you can watch old games, live ones, and see what's scheduled too, naturally. That I expected, but alternate skipping I did not expect. That seems like an 4th Gen feature.

Sadly, there was not to keep my team in an easy to reach place. In other words, if you have the old model, it's better than you might realize; if you don't have one, the newer in is probably better.

Has anyone tried it on the 4th Gen model?

T-Mobile is giving all of its customers a free year of baseball streaming | iMore

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
The app on the 3rd gen has pretty much worked like that even before the 4th gen was in existence. MLB has always been great with their digital platform. If only the quality of their games was the same though =P

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Nice, thanks for the heads up. I may try signing up during another promo... need to find a way to get away from pay TV but my Nats are limited ;)