DIRECTV Now

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Just an FYI for anybody looking for a tv streaming service, a free Apple TV box, or both.

DIRECTV now has a streaming service called DIRECTV Now. Introductory price for 100 channels is $35, and they will send you a free 32gb Apple TV if you sign up and pre pay for the first three months. I signed up for it this morning, and it seems like a pretty decent service so far.

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
It's been working great for me, but I have seen several reviews from people who are having lots of problems with it. Not sure why it works good me and not others. I don't watch much tv during prime time hours, so maybe that's it.

mrnimziki

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I signed up for it specifically for the Apple TV deal. I've been wanting to cut the cord for a while and this felt like something that could finally get me to commit. Since you pay up front, you can kind of look at it the other way around...you're buying an Apple TV and getting three months of streaming (I also added HBO). It's worked pretty well for me, and most importantly, I haven't missed a football game yet.

robbrick

Dec 12, 2003
www.dimensiondvd.com
I signed up for it specifically for the Apple TV deal. I've been wanting to cut the cord for a while and this felt like something that could finally get me to commit. Since you pay up front, you can kind of look at it the other way around...you're buying an Apple TV and getting three months of streaming (I also added HBO). It's worked pretty well for me, and most importantly, I haven't missed a football game yet.

How are you getting football without a satellite subscription? Last I heard, DirecTV has an exclusive with the NFL for Sunday games but only via their satellite tv service, not DirecTV NOW.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
How are you getting football without a satellite subscription? Last I heard, DirecTV has an exclusive with the NFL for Sunday games but only via their satellite tv service, not DirecTV NOW.

Monday Night Football on ESPN, Sunday Night Football on NBC, and local FOX Sunday games.

annek

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
Took advantage of this deal back in December. They even gave me a year of HBO free in April! Directv NOW is the only way I watch tv and still pay only 35.00 for everything I watch!

Eddster

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I took advantage of this deal and I’m so happy I did. I got my new Apple TV 4K today and was VERY pleasantly surprised that it upscales my DirecTVNow channels too! Everything looks great!

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Took advantage of this deal back in December. They even gave me a year of HBO free in April! Directv NOW is the only way I watch tv and still pay only 35.00 for everything I watch!

Same here! SO glad I got in before they changed their packages, and they gave me a free gen 4 Apple TV for prepaying 3 months when I signed up.

Eddster

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Same here! SO glad I got in before they changed their packages, and they gave me a free gen 4 Apple TV for prepaying 3 months when I signed up.

Yep. Same here. And being grandfathered in to the $60 plan for $35 a month means I’ll be will them as long as they let me keep that promo rate. That plus the free Apple TV was an unbeatable deal considering my cable bill was $314 a month at the time I switched.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I cut the cable cord two months ago and I have to say that Direct TV has got much better in terms of more channels and picture quality.

The one thing that still burns me up is how ESPN will have commercial breaks during a good football game. I never had this with my cable provider and figure it has something to do the advertising agreements.

I have picked up all my local channels now and really have no reason to use the channels app except when the service is down which was an issue in the beginning, but has greatly improved the last month.

So far I am happy with the service and for the few service interruptions and having to log back into my account doesn’t bother me compared to the 80 plus dollars I am saving each month compared to cable.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner