michaeljdewilde

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
Where I work is about to start selling the Apple TV, and because I'm personally interested and potentially going to buy one myself. What I am looking to find it out is what makes this product stand out above the competition? Why do/should I buy an Apple TV over anything else?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
First and foremost, AppleTV has a pretty robust App Store. You can download thousands of different apps and you can connect third party game controllers. If you're an iPhone and/or Mac user you'll appreciate the cohesiveness. Any music, movies, or shows that you own through iTunes will be available on AppleTV as well.

AppleTV doesn't reinvent the wheel but it makes some nice improvements.

michaeljdewilde

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
So you mention third party party game controllers, can you give some examples? Additionally how would it compare to say streaming via a PlayStation, or Xbox?

anon(8910885)

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Apple TV has a nice ecosystem with the iPad. Game controllers can work for both if they share the support apps, which some popular games do.

Steel Nimbus is a good controller.

michaeljdewilde

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
Well I've never used apple TV so I guess what's the difference on airplay and mirroring? I'm basically all apple (phone and iPad) how well do they work? Do you have issues with them losing connectivity? Is it in anyway contingent on a WIFI source

Timothy Duquette

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I was talking about the new and improved tv app , I don't have an Apple TV , no need one at all , the tv apps will have different app updates every day ? I mean different apps will updates everyday ?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner