Starting today, whenever I try to play a video on my Apple TV (4th) I get the error "This requires iTunes Match or Apple Music. Join Apple Music and try again. I click OK, and then it plays the video. I've had Apple Music since day one.
    06-11-2016 09:59 PM
    I'm not experiencing this issue. Try going to Settings > Accounts > iTunes & App Store, and then signing out and then back in. You might want to then restart your AppleTV for good measure. Hopefully that knocks something back into place for you.
    06-11-2016 10:03 PM
    I'm not experiencing this issue. Try going to Settings > Accounts > iTunes & App Store, and then signing out and then back in. You might want to then restart your AppleTV for good measure. Hopefully that knocks something back into place for you.
    Rebooted, no luck. Signed out then back in, no luck. I tried playing the same video in my music app on my iPhone 6s+, and it plays fine.

It's just kind of a nuisance since you have to click OK between each video to keep them going. I clearly don't have an account issue or it would refuse to play.

Also, it doesn't do this for Apple Music or Apple Radio, which both require the subscription. It only happens with videos.
    06-11-2016 10:12 PM
    Rebooted, no luck. Signed out then back in, no luck. I tried playing the same video in my music app on my iPhone 6s+, and it plays fine.

It's just kind of a nuisance since you have to click OK between each video to keep them going. I clearly don't have an account issue or it would refuse to play.

Also, it doesn't do this for Apple Music or Apple Radio, which both require the subscription. It only happens with videos.
    That's strange. Give it some time and see if it stops on its own. Perhaps it's just a glitch on the service end.
    06-11-2016 10:14 PM
    That's strange. Give it some time and see if it stops on its own. Perhaps it's just a glitch on the service end.
    That's what I'm hoping. It's even doing it on videos I've purchased (back before Apple Music existed) and the same thing happens.

Not the end of the world either way, but hopefully it just resolves itself.

Thanks.
    06-11-2016 10:15 PM
    That's what I'm hoping. It's even doing it on videos I've purchased (back before Apple Music existed) and the same thing happens.

Not the end of the world either way, but hopefully it just resolves itself.

Thanks.
    We are so used to things working seamlessly that little annoyances like this drive us crazy. By the way, I just tried to play a purchased movie on my 4th generation AppleTV and it worked just fine.
    Good luck!
    06-11-2016 10:18 PM