If so, how does that work. Is it complicated and is there a downside. I am considering giving up my sports package on direct tv and doing this with a digital antenna for local shows.
    03-10-2016 04:07 PM
  2. SwitchBeach said: Best Answer

Probably not. Direct TV has an exclusive contract with the NFL for live streaming of NFL games on the internet. Verizon, likewise, has an exclusive agreement for live streaming of NFL games on smartphones on the Verizon network and that streaming is limited to live games that are being broadcast in the subscribers home market (as well as select Thursday and Sunday night games).

Check out what is offered on the Apple TV here. Apple TV - Entertainment - Apple
    Probably not. Direct TV has an exclusive contract with the NFL for live streaming of NFL games on the internet. Verizon, likewise, has an exclusive agreement for live streaming of NFL games on smartphones on the Verizon network and that streaming is limited to live games that are being broadcast in the subscribers home market (as well as select Thursday and Sunday night games).

Check out what is offered on the Apple TV here. Apple TV - Entertainment - Apple
    03-10-2016 07:27 PM
    The Verizon NFL app may be capable of AirPlay or maybe display mirror the iPhone to the AppleTV...
    03-10-2016 08:41 PM
    The NFL app on Verizon (unfortunately) will not AirPlay or mirror. Also, live streaming is restricted to those games being broadcast in the local market.
    03-11-2016 06:15 PM
    You can also get Game Pass, but it's not live. At least you'd be able to watch them though. Personally I much prefer live so if I didn't have Sunday Ticket to watch my Packers I would be at a sports bar. Probably cheaper to have Sunday Ticket

http://www.nfl.com/gamepass
    03-14-2016 07:08 PM