How do I turn the Apple TV off? Does it just turn off on it's own when not being used?
    12-01-2015 09:46 AM
  2. markl9 said: Best Answer

There's a user guide available for download in iBooks, here's the section on power.

Sleep or wake Apple TV
    Apple TV is ready for you to watch at any time, and automatically goes to sleep after a preset period of inactivity.

Wake Apple TV from sleep. Press any button on the Siri Remote. A small light glows on the front of Apple TV. Apple TV wakes and displays whatever was last visible.

Put Apple TV to sleep. When youre done, you can just shut off your television or receiver. Apple TV falls asleep after a period of inactivity.

Set the delay before sleep starts. To set how long Apple TV waits before going to sleep, in Settings , go to General > Sleep After.

Force Apple TV to sleep now. Press and hold the Home button , then select Sleep.

Or in Settings , go to General, and select Sleep Now.
    How do I turn the Apple TV off? Does it just turn off on it's own when not being used?
    I'd love to know this as well, specifically for the new Apple TV.
    12-01-2015 09:53 AM
    There's a user guide available for download in iBooks, here's the section on power.

Sleep or wake Apple TV
    Apple TV is ready for you to watch at any time, and automatically goes to sleep after a preset period of inactivity.

Wake Apple TV from sleep. Press any button on the Siri Remote. A small light glows on the front of Apple TV. Apple TV wakes and displays whatever was last visible.

Put Apple TV to sleep. When youre done, you can just shut off your television or receiver. Apple TV falls asleep after a period of inactivity.

Set the delay before sleep starts. To set how long Apple TV waits before going to sleep, in Settings , go to General > Sleep After.

Force Apple TV to sleep now. Press and hold the Home button , then select Sleep.

Or in Settings , go to General, and select Sleep Now.
    12-01-2015 03:29 PM