I just applied the update and now I'm getting no signal. What kind of crap is this? It took me hours to set this up given that just about every app requires activation and authentication through a cable provider. And now this, meaning that I will most likely have to return this to get a new one and reset it all over.

It took them three years to get this to the market and they had to issue an update within the first couple of weeks of its release? They haven't even included the Podcast app and the Apple Music app is lacking Genius and has other shortcomings. Seems to me that after getting caught with their pants down for three years, they rushed this to the market before it was ready for prime time. I know have a $150 brick sitting under my TV--great!
    11-10-2015 07:52 AM
    Well, after unplugging and replugging the power cord, I still couldn't bring the ATV back to life. The led was on, but there was no picture on the screen. Eventually, I noticed the the led turned off. When I turned it back on, the picture came back. But it took like half-an-hour or so for the ATV to turn itself off (and like I said, unplugging and rep lugging the power cord didn't bring it back to life).
    11-10-2015 10:31 AM
    I guess you didn't see the notice that the screen may go blank while preforming the update, or the part about not unplugging your unit while updating ...
    ATV 4th Gen -- Update bricks ATV-appletvupdate.jpg
    11-10-2015 12:35 PM