Ps4,Xbox one vs Apple TV

cornettbr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone have a ps4 or an Xbox one and switched to an Apple TV? I'm trying to make a pros and cons list to getting one, I don't know if it's worth it. I currently just use my ps4 for streaming Hulu and Netflix. I don't really use Amazon at all. I didn't know if there were any benefits to getting the Apple TV other than having a stand alone system for tv...

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have a ps4 or an Xbox one and switched to an Apple TV? I'm trying to make a pros and cons list to getting one, I don't know if it's worth it. I currently just use my ps4 for streaming Hulu and Netflix. I don't really use Amazon at all. I didn't know if there were any benefits to getting the Apple TV other than having a stand alone system for tv...

In a Gaming aspect its like Apples and Oranges .. Apple Tv could never replace a PS4 its is not what it is meant for.
As far as other aspects Apple Tv can do Hulu and Netflix but it also can do alot of other apps and streaming services.
i would say take a look at apples site and see everything it can do that the ps4 cant and then decide

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
For your listed uses the  TV has many viewing options like Siri interactive so you would get more out of it

cornettbr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
In a Gaming aspect its like Apples and Oranges .. Apple Tv could never replace a PS4 its is not what it is meant for.
As far as other aspects Apple Tv can do Hulu and Netflix but it also can do alot of other apps and streaming services.
i would say take a look at apples site and see everything it can do that the ps4 cant and then decide

I never thought for a second it would replace it for gaming. I was just wondering if there were a lot more features that would make it worth the money buying a standalone tv unit or if I should keep on using my ps4 for my tv shows. I'll have to check out the Siri interactive feature.

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I have a ps4 and Xbox one and I use my atv 4 for all my media now the voice control and streaming and speed I noticed it is a lot faster then both my consoles plus it's nice to have the small light remote

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I have a ps4 and Xbox one and I use my atv 4 for all my media now the voice control and streaming and speed I noticed it is a lot faster then both my consoles plus it's nice to have the small light remote

If I had one would i use it over the consoles since I have a decent size collection of movies on iTunes. But at $150 Plus sales tax? IF you have money to burn sure be my guest but I assume you also am buying videogames so if you're buying the top titles like Star wars Battlefront, Halo 5, Fallout 4, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Assassins creed, and ETC I wouldn't go on a spree and get all those games you want Plus the Apple TV. I would wait until Black Friday and see if their is any deals or anything

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
I am not a fan of using a game console for streaming. Yes they have the apps but I always found it cumbersome to use for streaming. I only have a PS3 and an Xbox 360 so the updated console my help in this regard. I always had a better streaming experience using either my apple tv or my Roku 3.

Now with that said, the frustrating part about my Apple TV (4th gen) is with my cable provider Charter. For some reason, they have a hang up with allowing authentication for several apps(HBO Go, Showtime Anytime, AMC...) on Apple TV, yet they allow it on a Roku, Xbox and PS3 just fine. Charter isn't the only provider that does this with Apple TV either.

So keep this in mind if you do make the switch.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR