It's nice to get an update so soon, but as far as I can see it doesn't actually address any of the problems I've been having so I thought I'd start a thread about that. There must be lots of us with different issues in regards this thing as it's a pretty fair statement to say this is a beta or very "1.0" product.

Personally, it's the very first Apple product I've ever bought that even after a couple of days thinking and using it, I would actually use the word "crappy" to describe, but that's just me.

The issues I'll post all have to do with local content.

1) Slow motion, and stop motion play on local content (one of the best reasons to have local content) are still missing.

2) The description field for local content is still missing.

3) The "watched" flag doesn't update on TV episodes unless you scroll off the screen and then back again.

4) Still no way to search local content.

Other than number 3, I'm thinking these "omissions" are actually intentional on Apple's part and are intended to dissuade the user from using local content at all. Sort of a big middle finger to their loyal users. What do you think?
    11-09-2015 02:46 PM
    As a person who has owned an TV for quite a while, I'm under the impression that Apple did a wonderful job with the new TV and with tvOS. In fact, my son is currently playing one of the games I've installed on it and is having a blast. Streaming has been great, especially the ESPN channel that gave me fits at times on my previous TV. I've used Siri a couple of times just for the heck of it, and found it to be responsive and spot-on. In summary, I'm quite pleased with it, but that's Just Me, D...
    11-09-2015 07:01 PM
    Agreed. I only use local content and I'm sad to see, it's just as difficult to use on the new AppleTV. I really wish Siri would work for local content.
    11-22-2015 10:31 PM
    Everything Apple does is designed to dissuade you from alternatives/choice and push you toward whatever they're currently pushing. They're a for-profit Corp,so I guess you can't fault them.
    11-23-2015 12:09 AM
    I'd like them to fix the random buffering issue with Apple purchased content downloaded to iTunes. It can be really annoying to try to watch a new movie playing locally from iTunes when it starts stuttering every few seconds, especially when the same movie streamed directly from Apple's servers plays flawlessly.
    11-26-2015 12:49 PM
    Everything Apple does is designed to dissuade you from alternatives/choice and push you toward whatever they're currently pushing. They're a for-profit Corp,so I guess you can't fault them.
    So what is your answer to the thread question?
    11-26-2015 01:06 PM
    I don't have one, much like you don't really have one as evidenced by your first post in this thread.

Good luck to OP. Maybe your issues will get resolved in a future update.
    11-27-2015 01:11 PM