In July 2015 I had two questionable charges - totaling 10.00. Called Apple to get them taken off my account. Since then my account has been locked to rent movies on Apple tv, ( but they still auto charge my icloud and subscriptions)
    I have 6 case numbers and have talked to 8 tech support persons. Got two executive liaisons for Tara Bunch to call back. Both unable and unwilling to help. They Quote an apple policy, that they cannot give me the line in the agreement to check that is said to be the key to why they won't fix my account.
    I have spent 7 hours on the phone since July, I have emailed executives and asked their assistants to pass on that I will donate $1000.00 dollars to a charity of their choice to have an executive call me back. No luck. This week my wife's iTunes account had the same issue when renting a movie. I called again, and they said that since her account had the same address , this caused an issue. So they made some changes so it would work. But my account is still out of luck to work. I am heavily invested in the Apple eco-system and this inability to fix my account is very strange. Like many others I have multiple mac laptops, desktops, ipads and phones.
    I can't be the only one with this strange issue. Maybe a good cause that iMore could look into.
    11-03-2015 03:23 PM
    In July 2015 I had two questionable charges - totaling 10.00. Called Apple to get them taken off my account. Since then my account has been locked to rent movies on Apple tv, ( but they still auto charge my icloud and subscriptions)
    I have 6 case numbers and have talked to 8 tech support persons. Got two executive liaisons for Tara Bunch to call back. Both unable and unwilling to help. They Quote an apple policy, that they cannot give me the line in the agreement to check that is said to be the key to why they won't fix my account.
    I have spent 7 hours on the phone since July, I have emailed executives and asked their assistants to pass on that I will donate $1000.00 dollars to a charity of their choice to have an executive call me back. No luck. This week my wife's iTunes account had the same issue when renting a movie. I called again, and they said that since her account had the same address , this caused an issue. So they made some changes so it would work. But my account is still out of luck to work. I am heavily invested in the Apple eco-system and this inability to fix my account is very strange. Like many others I have multiple mac laptops, desktops, ipads and phones.
    I can't be the only one with this strange issue. Maybe a good cause that iMore could look into.
    The most iMore could do, in my opinion, is ask people who may be associated with the Apple hierarchy for assistance. In the meantime, iim going to assume that two movies were rented using your account, and you are claiming that you and the members of your household did not rent the movies. If so, I also assume Apple is showing that the content was indeed streamed to an IP and equipment associated with you. If so, it only makes sense for Apple to block movies from being rented to you until it can determine the culprit. Although it's an inconvenience to you, it is also a safeguard for Apple. Anyway, I hope this situation gets resolved for you soon. Take care.
    CJWatson likes this.
    11-03-2015 07:47 PM
    moral of story... shoulda just payed the $10...
    Not Quite Right likes this.
    11-03-2015 10:46 PM
    moral of story... shoulda just payed the $10...
    Sometimes you have to stand on principal!!
    11-03-2015 11:18 PM