Since the iOS upgrade to 9.0, streaming music from the Apple Music app to the AppleTV on an iOS device (both iPhone and iPad), stops after a while. I thought it was due to the device turning off and going to sleep, but over the weekend, I was streaming music from my iPad to the AppleTV while reading on different apps, which prevented the device from going to sleep, and the stream would again stop after a while. Even when the device goes to sleep, it takes several minutes for the stream to stop, but it eventually stops. Turning the device back on, the stream picks up from where it stopped.

I've tried this on two separate AppleTVs and the stream always stops. I've called Apple support and they were scratching their heads, although they insisted no one else had reported this.

I haven't tried it with other music apps. On the other hand, I stream podcasts from the podcast app to the radio in my car all the time, but this is over a Bluetooth connection. So the problem I'm describing seems to only affect streaming through WiFi connections.

Anyone else having this problem? If so, any workarounds?
    11-02-2015 12:36 PM
    Since the iOS upgrade to 9.0, streaming music from the Apple Music app to the AppleTV on an iOS device (both iPhone and iPad), stops after a while. I thought it was due to the device turning off and going to sleep, but over the weekend, I was streaming music from my iPad to the AppleTV while reading on different apps, which prevented the device from going to sleep, and the stream would again stop after a while. Even when the device goes to sleep, it takes several minutes for the stream to stop, but it eventually stops. Turning the device back on, the stream picks up from where it stopped.

I've tried this on two separate AppleTVs and the stream always stops. I've called Apple support and they were scratching their heads, although they insisted no one else had reported this.

I haven't tried it with other music apps. On the other hand, I stream podcasts from the podcast app to the radio in my car all the time, but this is over a Bluetooth connection. So the problem I'm describing seems to only affect streaming through WiFi connections.

Anyone else having this problem? If so, any workarounds?
    is the apple tv going to sleep by chance ?
    11-02-2015 05:30 PM
    is the apple tv going to sleep by chance ?
    Thanks. The AppleTV is on. It keeps on playing the music and stays on for a while after the music stops streaming. Like I said, just by turning on the iOS device, the music continues. Although with the iPad at least, the music also stops even when I'm using the iPad, so it doesn't have a chance to go to sleep.

This is a new issue that has cropped up recently. As far as I can tell, it started happening after the iOS 9+ upgrade.
    11-02-2015 05:39 PM
    I had a similar issue when air playing movies to my Apple TV .. When iPad would sleep it would drop connection so what I did is plug the iPad into power and it stopped it from disconnecting. I know it's not a fix but could be worth a
    Thanks. The AppleTV is on. It keeps on playing the music and stays on for a while after the music stops streaming. Like I said, just by turning on the iOS device, the music continues. Although with the iPad at least, the music also stops even when I'm using the iPad, so it doesn't have a chance to go to sleep.

This is a new issue that has cropped up recently. As far as I can tell, it started happening after the iOS 9+ upgrade.
    11-02-2015 05:51 PM

11-02-2015 05:52 PM
    I had a similar issue when air playing movies to my Apple TV .. When iPad would sleep it would drop connection so what I did is plug the iPad into power and it stopped it from disconnecting. I know it's not a fix but could be worth a
    Yes, I've had that issue too, But that's only with certain video streaming apps, not all of them.

But like you said, it might be worth plugging the iPad or iPhone into a power outlet and see what happens.

Thanks.
    11-02-2015 06:13 PM