Hey all,

Long time Apple user but first time Apple TV user. I've always used Plex to stream direct to my LG TV but having seen the developer unit of the new Apple TV that we have at work I was very impressed with tvOS.

So, I bought one on the weekend in anticipation that Plex will release the official app, which I believe is coming from the fact it's shown in a picture on their website, AND a recent update mentions an update to a "yet unreleased fruit themed device".

In the meantime I paid for an app called SimPlex which is already out and although it's not a patch on the official app I am pleased to say it works flawlessly. Direct play does not seem to work but I'm not sure if thats the hardware or the app but it streams all of my content in full bitrate just fine and looks awesome.

Have to say I'm very impressed with the tvOS interface so far and can't wait for the apps to come thick and fast!

Hopefully, I'll be more active on here, am also a MacBook Pro Retina user, iPhone 6S Plus and iPad Air 2 user so I'll try and join in on the forum

Paul.
    11-02-2015 05:00 AM
    Welcome to iMore! I'm glad you're enjoying your TV. I'm expecting mine to be delivered any day now. Please, make yourself at home and post often. We always welcome new members.
    11-02-2015 05:22 AM
    Search for it in the Apple TV app store.. I believe saw it there last night ...
    11-03-2015 12:30 PM
    Search for it in the Apple TV app store.. I believe saw it there last night ...
    Yep, saw it appear last night! It's pretty damn good, no problems to speak of so far. Although it's not included in the universal search yet so if you do a Siri search for a film, it'll return an entry for that film with the option to Buy/Rent it from iTunes and if it's available on Netflix it'll tell you that you can open it in Netflix, but no option for Plex yet.
    Not Quite Right likes this.
    11-03-2015 12:32 PM
    Welcome I'm glad you like ur atv
    11-04-2015 01:31 AM