I currently use a small desktop dedicated pc to run my home theater system, it handles all my downloads and hosts the terabytes of external hdd's i use to house my backed up videos, blue ray and dvd. It sits behind my home theater set up with a usb dongle connected to an IR receiver, and the externals are connected via a USB 3.0 hub.

It is obviously a very clunky and power hungry set up, and i would obviously love to move to the new Apple TV, but does apple currently have any intent of supporting external connected drives? Is there a way to do it?

Thank for any help everyone!

John
    10-30-2015 01:49 PM
    With the exception of AirPlay compatible devices, I can say. Hopefully, others will respond soon.
    10-31-2015 09:14 AM
    Well you COULD get an older Apple TV, pre gen 3 and jailbreak it and install Kodi on it. It won't have the speed of the latest model (4th gen) BUT you can get Kodi and all it's glory. The downside older models are pretty expensive on the aftermarket as people know what they have, also supply is low and demand is high. (and you ARE buying a used older device)
    11-02-2015 10:02 AM