Apple TV 4thgen shipping times.

brooklyndon2911

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I was hoping to get for the weekend. But don't think that will happen. Probably gonna cancel my order and just get one from Best Buy on Friday.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I was hoping for Friday delivery but wasn't going to pay $17 extra for it. The date range for expedited was like the 30-3- if it guaranteed it on Friday I would have done it

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I was hoping for Friday delivery but wasn't going to pay $17 extra for it. The date range for expedited was like the 30-3- if it guaranteed it on Friday I would have done it
From my experience paying extra for expedited shipping at launch is a waste of money. If you had woken up at 3AM on Monday and ordered it you'd probably have it already. :p

cwaffles

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
My device is "preparing for shipment" on the order status page and I did not pay for the expedited shipping. If they ship it today, I should have it by Friday as the order says "2 business day shipping".

Mike1138

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
Mine also says preparing for shipment. I chose next day shipping so I wasn't expecting a ship notice until tomorrow at the earliest. This has me thinking I might actually get it on Friday!

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Mine also says preparing for shipment. I chose next day shipping so I wasn't expecting a ship notice until tomorrow at the earliest. This has me thinking I might actually get it on Friday!
Good luck! Let us know if you get it on Friday.

kirkb

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Ordered 2 64gb ATV4s Monday morning. Confirmation email 7:25am PST. Chose next day before noon. Still shows processing items.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Mine too. Will be really surprised if I get it Friday. Apple will **** off a lot of people that spent the extra money for expedited shipping. I didn't.

True. I'm kind of bummed that I went out of my way to preorder on the first day it was available and can just walk into an Apple Store on Friday and pick one up.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
True. I'm kind of bummed that I went out of my way to preorder on the first day it was available and can just walk into an Apple Store on Friday and pick one up.

Me too. I might still do that. I'm like 15 minutes from one... We'll see. Don't love the way they handled this one. Has it been confirmed that stores will have them on Friday?

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

Mike1138

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
I paid for next day shipping hoping to get it Friday. I'll be annoyed if I don't get it on Friday and you can go to a store to pick one up. I might see if Apple will give me some iTunes credit if that happens. If not, it's not like they deceived me and I knew the risks so it's my own dumb fault :).

I haven't ordered a lot of stuff from Apple (especially pre-order). My impression was Apple was always pretty good about this type of thing. Is this an exception or is this pretty normal?

Last edited: