CBS to bring "All Access" service to AppleTV

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
And other platforms soon...

CBS' All Access gives some limited free access to current CBS shows, and with a subscription access to CBS' library of shows - going all the way back to the Original StarTrek... and with a subscription one can also get access to live local CBS affiliates in a few markets now -they're said to be expanding that...

JBaby_9783

Jan 22, 2009
Visit site
Best news of the day! CBS and Starz is the only reason I use my Roku. Before CBS came to Roku I hadn't used it in months. I can't wait to ditch it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JBaby_9783

Jan 22, 2009
Visit site
It's almost like Starz read what I said here! The Starz Play app has been updated with full AirPlay support! Now I know it's not a native tv app, but it's a good start. I'll definitely take it. It plays better on my tv than it does on my Roku. On my Roku it almost always looks pixelated. The pixelation is minor, but still slightly annoying. Now CBS is the only reason I have to use my Roku.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
And other platforms soon...

CBS' All Access gives some limited free access to current CBS shows, and with a subscription access to CBS' library of shows - going all the way back to the Original StarTrek... and with a subscription one can also get access to live local CBS affiliates in a few markets now -they're said to be expanding that...

Yay!!! Lol I hope The Big Bang Theory is included in that All Access because thats the only reason I even watch CBS.

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
I can't wait to get the new Apple TV, they are making it better everyday

Sent from my Super iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I can't wait to get the new Apple TV, they are making it better everyday

Sent from my Super iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

Orders start on Monday 10/26/15 with deliveries by Friday. I can't wait!!!

On another note though it sucks that with NBC I can subscribe through Directv but CBS wants to charge $5.99 after a 1 week trial.

JBaby_9783

Jan 22, 2009
Visit site
Orders start on Monday 10/26/15 with deliveries by Friday. I can't wait!!!

On another note though it sucks that with NBC I can subscribe through Directv but CBS wants to charge $5.99 after a 1 week trial.

It does suck, but for me it's still cheaper than Dish. My bill is now $35 a month versus the $120+. $20.98 for commercial-free Hulu and Showtime, $5.99 for CBS, and $7.99 Netflix. And I don't have to worry about weather affecting my recordings. Nor have weather maps disrupting whatever is on the screen. I do think CBS is crazy for doing it this way though because they aren't cable. But I expected nothing less from them. Remember they never wanted to stream in the first place. That's why they dragged their feet with streaming from their own website years ago. It's also why they never joined Hulu. The first 6 months CBS All Access was $4.79. I've subscribed since the beginning. I just looked and discovered they began charging October 23, 2014. I can't believe it's been a year.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal