So far the only interesting thing from this keynote is the Apple TV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-09-2015 01:58 PM
    Your opinion again... the iPad pro has a lot of things for people other than you...
    Highrisedrifter likes this.
    09-09-2015 02:02 PM
    Yeah, there's lots here for others. Opinions aren't facts, dude.

Personally, I was never interested in the Apple TV and was going to use that part of the event to do some other things but wow, it has really advanced far more than I thought. I would totally consider one now where before I hadn't given it the time of day.
    09-09-2015 02:06 PM
    Your opinion again... the iPad pro has a lot of things for people other than you...
    When you get down to it the iPad Pro is just a iPad but bigger with a digitizer for a pen input. The TV looks like a major update that should of been done a while ago

09-09-2015 02:06 PM
    When you get down to it the iPad Pro is just a iPad but bigger with a digitizer for a pen input.

Opinion, again. For the people who want one, it offers much more than simply a bigger iPad.
    09-09-2015 02:11 PM
    Nothing about the new Apple TV has screamed anything but "same ol'" to me. OS looks like any other device that does this kind of thing, and there's still no file playback compatibility, which is what EVERY other product that does this kind of stuff has done for years. I expected a lot more for this "big" renovation to the product.
    09-09-2015 02:14 PM
    Opinion, again. For the people who want one, it offers much more than simply a bigger iPad.
    It still is a iPad with a bigger screen and a pen input which is kind of facts not opinions. It also offers 4 speakers vs 2. What it offers could arguably be done cheaper on say a surface

09-09-2015 02:16 PM
    It still is a iPad with a bigger screen and a pen input which is kind of facts not opinions. It also offers 4 speakers vs 2. What it offers could arguably be done cheaper on say a surface

Technically the iPad is just a bigger iPhone. But everyone hat claimed that before the iPad was released were proved wrong. The iPad pro is probably more of a niche product. Doesn't mean it won't be useful to those that want it.
    09-09-2015 02:18 PM
    Technically the iPad is just a bigger iPhone. But everyone hat claimed that before the iPad was released were proved wrong. The iPad pro is probably more of a niche product. Doesn't mean it won't be useful to those that want it.
    It's a niche product that won't sell well at least to Apple expectations imo. I'll probably end up getting it but I'll wait until this one lowers in price

09-09-2015 02:20 PM
    It's a niche product that won't sell well at least to Apple expectations imo. I'll probably end up getting it but I'll wait until this one lowers in price

Time will tell.
    Closingracer likes this.
    09-09-2015 02:22 PM
    For me, it's perfect. I used my iPad 2 for script reading and document editing. I can do that better on the iPad Pro with much more portability than using my MacBook Pro 13".

It's perfect, in my opinion, for what I used my iPad for.
    09-09-2015 02:22 PM
    Time will tell.

I'm just predicting what I think it will sell. I hope I am wrong since it is something that looks cool overall but not at the price

09-09-2015 02:23 PM
    The apple tv really depends on the app store for me. Since you can't get that on the older apple tv, I'll definitely get one.

But..I can't say I'm loving that remote.
    09-09-2015 03:54 PM
    The apple tv really depends on the app store for me. Since you can't get that on the older apple tv, I'll definitely get one.

I really like the remote . Personally I couldn't care less about buying into the Apple ecyosystem at all but just so happens I prefer the iPad and iPhone over the competition right now. I really do like the new Apple TV though .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    09-09-2015 06:03 PM

Yea as long as the games on there are quality games and not freemium games like on iOS. I'd much rather pay $10-20 on a game like Disney Infinity or Rockband or Sky Gamblers than play Clash of Clans for free on my tv. This seems like a real opportunity to turn the App Store around on the tv and on iOS.
    09-09-2015 08:50 PM
    Yea as long as the games on there are quality games and not freemium games like on iOS. I'd much rather pay $10-20 on a game like Disney Infinity or Rockband or Sky Gamblers than play Clash of Clans for free on my tv. This seems like a real opportunity to turn the App Store around on the tv and on iOS.
    Depends on the game really. Some might have a chance to become fun for the family. But really it's all about any app that makes sense on the big screen. Since the old atv won't have app store, you sort of don't have a choice in upgrading if you want this. Plus, I think Siri is the only universal search going on this. Not sure on that though. And it may be that Apple has the choice (not us) in picking what Siri can search later. That's not the universal search I was wanting but I'll take what I can get.
    09-10-2015 07:52 AM
    This is an odd product. I'm not sure how well Apple TV has sold to this point but I'm sure it's getting blasted by roku and the fire up to this point. One can get a PS3 or Xbox 360 for the same price, or cheaper. Those boxes do gaming way better than this new Apple TV will and also have all the apps like busy, Netflix, ect...
    09-10-2015 02:51 PM
    This is an odd product. I'm not sure how well Apple TV has sold to this point but I'm sure it's getting blasted by roku and the fire up to this point. One can get a PS3 or Xbox 360 for the same price, or cheaper. Those boxes do gaming way better than this new Apple TV will and also have all the apps like busy, Netflix, ect...
    But those can't watch my iTunes library of videos. Plus this is the only box that is appealing to me

09-15-2015 01:47 AM
    Apple tv will probably never be for me, but I hope the App store can change that, expanding what it can do and making it a suitable device. That said right now the big problem is i really need a device that can play content directly off a large USB drive. It's not gonna be networked anytime soon because i'm not buying a router with a usb port anytime soon. And my laptop will soon be my only computer and it's not gonna be plugged in a lot of the time. Also there is the simple that i got a bunch of old videos that are mpeg or avi and will take time to convert to a format it can use and i just don't have the time to do that. I did it for my movie collection a while back and it was a bit of a chore. But maybe things like VLC will work. the usb port thing is a hurdle though for my current hardware.
    09-18-2015 01:55 AM

I've always wanted a universal Apple remote along the lines of a Logitech Harmony remote that would control my whole system seamlessly.
    10-05-2015 11:18 AM
    I feel sad if i buy a new one!!! LOL I will not i'm happy with what i have. I bet is faster also.
    10-06-2015 09:24 PM