How can I watch PBS programs on my TV?

I

iMore Question

Trying to watch PBS programs (specifically The Crimson Field aired early in the summer), but can only get the PREVIEWS!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
On what device are you trying to watch PBS programs? TV? Computer? iOS device? Android device? Blackberry device? Windows smartphone? What?

DCMeyer71

Sep 8, 2015
Visit site
Apple tv and PBS

Posted this question earlier, but couldn't respond to the answers, probably because I hadn't jopined the forum. Anyway ?

I have an Apple TV box, and have just "joined" the PBS link, but can't seem to watch actual programs, as opposed to "previews." Specifically have tried to watch The Scarlet Field, which aired on PBS early this summer. I am trying to watch on my TV connected to the box.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Apple tv and PBS

Posted this question earlier, but couldn't respond to the answers, probably because I hadn't jopined the forum. Anyway …

I have an Apple TV box, and have just "joined" the PBS link, but can't seem to watch actual programs, as opposed to "previews." Specifically have tried to watch The Scarlet Field, which aired on PBS early this summer. I am trying to watch on my TV connected to the box.

Did you activate your TV with the PBS channel as indicated when you initially select PBS?

DCMeyer71

Sep 8, 2015
Visit site
Re: Apple tv and PBS

Just yesterday tried to connect to the PBS channel, so I guess the answer is yes. Maybe? Don't know exactly how this works.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore

Most of the cable channels on the ATV ask for a provider to access the full content. If you had a provider you would need to set up an account log in on your providers website to use as a channel access on the ATV

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I've read that have to sign in at PBS. Com with a Facebook or Google Plus account then follow the activation procedure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I've read that have to sign in at PBS. Com with a Facebook or Google Plus account then follow the activation procedure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can use the third party login or create an account and log in with your email address and password.

Sent from my mobile device via Tapatalk 3.2.1.

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
You just make an account with PBS on your computer..no charge...and then when they ask for the set up on the ATV you use the code to put into the computer...you do not need a cable acct....We use it all the time. The thing with PBS is you can only go back so far with their programs...Don’t think you can go back as far as the summer. I’ve tried to go back to Wolf Hall...no can do...will only go back so far. Like, don;t think you can do previous episodes of Downton Abby, unless they specifically open it up again. Anyway, setting up the app is very easy on ATV.

Rockwell73

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
It is very easy to activate the PBS app on Apple TV. You can watch entire episodes of selected programs but not live TV. They seem to rotate programs and episodes periodically. It's very easy to use and great quality.

hinesmj

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
There's a PBS app, but you need a cable login to access most of the content. Try "borrowing" a neighbor or friends cable login!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner