NBC Sports Channel added to AppleTV

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
NBC Sports Live Extra... supposedly thousands of live sporting events that air on NBC, NBCSN and Golf Channel for free. An account is required to setup the NBC Sports channel...

Not seeing it on my AppleTV yet - even rebooted it...

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
By an account, they mean you need to authenticate through your cable, or Satellite TV provider. Comcast, Time Warner, FIOS, DirectTV etc

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I just checked, and like the both of you, I've yet to see the NBC Sports channel listed on my ATV.

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Did you guys go in to the settings and check for updates? I"m getting one right now right i'm hoping will bring it. :)

EDIT: Nope it was the HBO Now update. :( Ironically NBC Extra came to my Roku several days ago but Apple still has us waiting! That being said it's been widely reported as having been added so I guess its just being either rolled out or just has not been ACTUALLY added yet.

Last edited:

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Must be a roll out, hopefully it rolls to us soon :)

UPDATE: After googling around I found a thread similar to ours at Macrumors, and someone there said they spoke to NBC Sports Extra support and that they indicated that the app was pulled due to a major bug. :(. The poster said he thought it might be a while before it came back.

Last edited:

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
But if it was pulled it still wouldn't show up on my Apple TV's, still. What is pushed to the interface are essentially web apps so it wouldn't be there.

I just tested it to watch content and it worked fine.

Last edited:

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
But if it was pulled it still wouldn't show up on my Apple TV's, still. What is pushed to the interface are especially web apps so it wouldn't be there.

I just tested it to watch content and it worked fine.

Perhaps the person at Macrumors was misinformed? In any event we are far from the only people having trouble. That thread had folks who had the app, many who didn't, and some who had it come and go, and come back! Clearly SOMETHING is up. Might be a bug issue as that person said, could be a regional roll out. Who knows!

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Contacted supported myself and heard back. They are working on it

Rich,

What version of Apple TV do you have?

The Live Extra App on Apple TV is experiencing intermittent issues and we are working on correcting them.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Live Extra
Support6

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I just turned on my TV and noticed that the NBC Sports Live Extra channel is now visible.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Ditto. The two 3rd gens had it already when I turned them on, but the 2nd gen needed a reboot.

My TV is a 3rd-generation model, but up until yesterday, the channel was available. I had done multiple reboots and even did a clean install. Anyway, at least it's now available.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative